1. What is your budget? $2000AUD, give or take a few hundred
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15"-16"
3. What screen resolution do you want? Would prefer full HD
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Bit of both to be honest. I won't be carrying it around with me all day so as long as it's smaller than 17" anything's fine
5. How much battery life do you need? More than 2 hours? not fussed really
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Current and new games at med range settings. As long as they run really....
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) IT Cert Study, so would probably be using VMWare. Movies would be good too
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Was looking at the Seagate 500GB momentus hybrid, but 320GB+ would be fine
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. -
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD Writer, Bluray ROM would be nice
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. To be honest I would prefer to steer away from Dell, because I don't like the design/ergonomics, but I'm open to all suggestions
13. What country do you live in? Australia
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I would like a laptop that has an isolated keyboard (not sure if that's the right term) like the sony VAIO E series or some of the samsung laptops, also with a numpad. Might be asking a bit much but some kind of colour customising would be fantastic too since I like white laptops.
Thanks for replying. That Website seems to be a US website, do you know any places I might be able to get that one in Aus?
Also if you have any alternatives I would greatly appreciate it. I've looked at a bunch of different HP's, Samsungs and Sony's but they all seem to be lacking the same 'value for money' as Dell or that Sager there.