Identification help System 9 CPU "W10"

What should be located at W10 on the CPU board? My project Space
Shuttle has nothing located in that spot and it looks like something
was cut from that spot.

I have been trying to fix a sound problem I am having with a project
Space Shuttle. I have no sound but I do have a humming sound coming
from the game. (Best described as grounding noise) So I believe that
the AMP is working.

Have have replaced all the caps on the sound board and CPU. And I have
installed all new chips. I replaced the Pot inside the cabinet. I am
stumped! I will continue to read up on the other post and with Marvin's
site before I post again.

Well is anyone can identify what, if anything, is located at W10 on the
CPU board I would be grateful. It is located between 1J16 and 1J15
below the U50 chip.

Thanks,
Jeff
www.jeffpinball.com

Thanks Bob. The only manual I have is the one I downloaded from IPDB so
I cant read what should be located there.

Jeff

Jeff (JAW) wrote:

> What should be located at W10 on the CPU board? My project Space
> Shuttle has nothing located in that spot and it looks like something
> was cut from that spot.

<snip>

> Well is anyone can identify what, if anything, is located at W10 on the
> CPU board I would be grateful. It is located between 1J16 and 1J15
> below the U50 chip.

I don't have a system 9 anymore, but I believe the parts with the
"W" designation are simple jumpers (or zero-ohm resistors). See if
you can find another jumper somewhere at a spot labeled "W". If so,
you ought to be able to test if that's what you need there with an
alligator clip-lead.

--Bob

Bob Ellingson bobe@halted.com
Halted Specialties Co., Inc. http://www.halted.com
3500 Ryder St. (408) 732-1573
Santa Clara, Calif. 95051 USA (408) 732-6428 (FAX)

Bob E. wrote:

> I don't have a system 9 anymore, but I believe the parts with the
> "W" designation are simple jumpers (or zero-ohm resistors). See if
> you can find another jumper somewhere at a spot labeled "W". If so,
> you ought to be able to test if that's what you need there with an
> alligator clip-lead.

....oh, and make sure your manual says you should have a jumper there.
Some games (or board revs) may have them, some not, depending on the
chip complement.

Jeff (JAW) wrote:

> Thanks Bob. The only manual I have is the one I downloaded from IPDB so
> I cant read what should be located there.

Well, there may be a jumper table that says the name of the game(s)
and perhaps ROM or board rev's along with a list of which jumpers
should be "in" or "out". I know my Bally Blackwater 100 has such a
table (for the 6803 games) in the manual. Incidentally, I was trying
to remember why a jumper would be designated "W", since resistors are
usually "R", capacitors "C", etc. I am guessing the "W" might be a
mnemonic for "wire".