Extend vga cable to dell monitor. Max length?

Would like to extend my monitor cable on my lcd. VGA connected. How long can
I extend the cable for ? Currently, I believe the monitor has 4 foot cable.
Would like to move a computer about three more feet, bought a 3 foot cable
extension. Is this possible without losing my signal?
Warner
-Winston
3 answers Last reply
More about extend cable dell monitor length

    "John" <john@dontreply.net> wrote in message
    > Would like to extend my monitor cable on my lcd. VGA connected. How long
    > can
    > I extend the cable for ? Currently, I believe the monitor has 4 foot
    > cable.
    > Would like to move a computer about three more feet, bought a 3 foot cable
    > extension. Is this possible without losing my signal?
    > Warner
    > -Winston

    I would think so. I've used KVM cables as long as 30' w/o signal
    degradation.

    Stew

    "John" <john@dontreply.net> writes:
    >Would like to extend my monitor cable on my lcd. VGA connected. How long can
    >I extend the cable for ? Currently, I believe the monitor has 4 foot cable.
    >Would like to move a computer about three more feet, bought a 3 foot cable
    >extension. Is this possible without losing my signal?

    The guy I buy all my cables from says there are really good cables
    and then there are also some cheap bad cables. For trade shows he
    has made very high quality cables and driven monitors over 75' away.

    Really good ones usually cost more, don't buy any better than you need.
    See if you can find yourself a supplier who knows the difference.

    "John" <john@dontreply.net> wrote in message
    > Would like to extend my monitor cable on my lcd. VGA connected. How long
    can
    > I extend the cable for ? Currently, I believe the monitor has 4 foot
    cable.
    > Would like to move a computer about three more feet, bought a 3 foot cable
    > extension. Is this possible without losing my signal?
    > Warner
    > -Winston

    I'm using an extension cable of 25 feet right now with a Dell 4600 and NEC
    Multisync monitor with no problems.

Dell VGA Cable Monitors Computers