Extend vga cable to dell monitor. Max length?

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
July 29, 2004 11:03:24 PM

Would like to extend my monitor cable on my lcd. VGA connected. How long can
I extend the cable for ? Currently, I believe the monitor has 4 foot cable.
Would like to move a computer about three more feet, bought a 3 foot cable
extension. Is this possible without losing my signal?
Warner
-Winston
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 30, 2004 1:15:25 AM

"John" <john@dontreply.net> wrote in message
> Would like to extend my monitor cable on my lcd. VGA connected. How long
> can
> I extend the cable for ? Currently, I believe the monitor has 4 foot
> cable.
> Would like to move a computer about three more feet, bought a 3 foot cable
> extension. Is this possible without losing my signal?
> Warner
> -Winston

I would think so. I've used KVM cables as long as 30' w/o signal
degradation.

Stew
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 30, 2004 2:49:58 AM

"John" <john@dontreply.net> writes:
>Would like to extend my monitor cable on my lcd. VGA connected. How long can
>I extend the cable for ? Currently, I believe the monitor has 4 foot cable.
>Would like to move a computer about three more feet, bought a 3 foot cable
>extension. Is this possible without losing my signal?

The guy I buy all my cables from says there are really good cables
and then there are also some cheap bad cables. For trade shows he
has made very high quality cables and driven monitors over 75' away.

Really good ones usually cost more, don't buy any better than you need.
See if you can find yourself a supplier who knows the difference.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 30, 2004 8:01:15 AM

"John" <john@dontreply.net> wrote in message
> Would like to extend my monitor cable on my lcd. VGA connected. How long
can
> I extend the cable for ? Currently, I believe the monitor has 4 foot
cable.
> Would like to move a computer about three more feet, bought a 3 foot cable
> extension. Is this possible without losing my signal?
> Warner
> -Winston

I'm using an extension cable of 25 feet right now with a Dell 4600 and NEC
Multisync monitor with no problems.
!