How to remotely connect to my laptop from my desktop.

I am having a great deal of trouble making my laptop and
desktop talk to each other. Perhaps someone could give
me some advice as to how I should proceed.

Thank you,

Leah
4 answers Last reply
More about remotely connect laptop desktop

    Exactly how are you trying to connect to the desktop? Are you on the same
    network, or by remotely, are you meaning from another locatiuon altogether?
    If you're in the same location, are they in the same network (workgroup or
    domain)

    Steve

    Steve Sullivan, MVP wrote:
    > Exactly how are you trying to connect to the desktop? Are you on the same
    > network, or by remotely, are you meaning from another locatiuon altogether?
    > If you're in the same location, are they in the same network (workgroup or
    > domain)
    >

    > Steve
    >

    > "Leah" <leahanne@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    >
    >>I am having a great deal of trouble making my laptop and
    >>desktop talk to each other. Perhaps someone could give
    >>me some advice as to how I should proceed.
    >>
    >>Thank you,
    >>
    >>Leah

    I am in same room, same channel, same ssid, same everything. No wep, no
    firewall. No interference. Wireless light on mn500 is on. It blinks on
    cards. NO CONNECTION DETECTED> MS techies couldnt figure it out. Those
    hindus sent me here.

    You might try starting your own thread seeing as you seem to be posting
    in random threads hoping to get help. I usually ignore people who do
    that or tell them to start a new thread to deal only with there problem.

    ElKabong wrote:

    > I am in same room, same channel, same ssid, same everything. No wep, no
    > firewall. No interference. Wireless light on mn500 is on. It blinks on
    > cards. NO CONNECTION DETECTED> MS techies couldnt figure it out. Those
    > hindus sent me here.

    assistance.

    time.

    So forget being able for the 2 machines to be able to see each other, you
    can't even get the 2 machines to see a connection?

    Have you tried rebooting or resetting the base station?

    Steve

    "ElKabong" <hingerty@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Steve Sullivan, MVP wrote:
    > > Exactly how are you trying to connect to the desktop? Are you on the
    same
    > > network, or by remotely, are you meaning from another locatiuon
    altogether?
    > > If you're in the same location, are they in the same network (workgroup
    or
    > > domain)
    > >

    > > Steve
    > >

    > > "Leah" <leahanne@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>I am having a great deal of trouble making my laptop and
    > >>desktop talk to each other. Perhaps someone could give
    > >>me some advice as to how I should proceed.
    > >>
    > >>Thank you,
    > >>
    > >>Leah
    > >

    > I am in same room, same channel, same ssid, same everything. No wep, no
    > firewall. No interference. Wireless light on mn500 is on. It blinks on
    > cards. NO CONNECTION DETECTED> MS techies couldnt figure it out. Those
    > hindus sent me here.

Routers Laptops Connection Desktops Networking