Sign in with
Your question

Need a gaming laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
November 4, 2010 7:19:30 PM

1_What is your budget?

Around £600, maybe higher if i have to

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

Minimum screen size of 15.6, preferbably HD
3_What screen resolution do you want?

Around 900 pixels is fine, higher if possible

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

A desktop replacement laptop, ive got a acer desktop at home, but it can only really play games with graphics of Guildwars.

5_How much battery life do you need?

Around 7hours+ if possible, but i can always go down to 4hours. My laptop is usually plugged in, so not a big problem.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Yes, i would like a laptop that can play games on a Mid-High setting High if possible. I wan't it to mostly play games smoothly with very good frame rates if possible. But games like Modern Warfare 2, Crysis. Basically the mid-high graphic games.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

Mostly multi - tasking, and browsing, watching movies. So really it needs to be quick.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

320GB is fine, higher if possible

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

No specific websites, just legit websites and sites that ship to UK. American websites are fine.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

I would like to keep it around 3-5 years. Until i get to University. Right now im 15

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Blu ray if possible

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

No specific brand, just the brands that are overall better. Like are more durable

13_What country do you live in?

United Kingdom, London

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Thanks alot for reading this and £800, around that price is the max im willing to spend hopefully

More about : gaming laptop

a c 244 D Laptop
November 4, 2010 8:52:05 PM

Welcome to the forums !
Unfortunately,you can't find a capable gaming computer within your price range.
MSI GX740 is the cheapest gaming laptop that can handle games at medium-high settings
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT...
Also don't expect a gaming laptop to last a lot of hours(MSI GX740 should last for about 2-3hrs)
November 5, 2010 5:30:56 PM

Oh ok ill take a look at those suggestions
I mostly want it to play smoothly and med graphics
Related resources
November 5, 2010 5:46:44 PM

Sorry for the double post but i was thinking of getting an Alienware m11x
a c 244 D Laptop
November 5, 2010 6:25:59 PM

If 11" screen is enough for you,then M11x is a good choice.
November 5, 2010 6:46:19 PM

Oh ok
But i would prefer around 15inch if possible
a c 244 D Laptop
November 5, 2010 9:11:01 PM

Like i said,a 15" laptop with your needs costs more than £600,the cheapest option was MSI GX740 which i posted in my first reply.
November 5, 2010 11:00:22 PM

It doesn't have an option to select the video card, and you'll be stuck playing games on low details at best with the card it comes with. (Mobile 5650)

Use this list http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html to compare the performance of different mobile video cards.

My rough estimation puts the mobile HD5650 close to the desktop HD5570 performance wise, where you'll want something close to at least desktop HD5770 performance. (A 5770 is essentially 2 5570's)

Look for something with a mobility 5850 at least. (Which is really closer to a desktop 5750, but about as good as you may find even close to your price range)
!