[Solved] What is realtek hd audio manager in windows 7

LindaJo

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Somehow Realtek appeared on my program list. I did not install it. Did it come with downloading music from YouTube? And do I really need it? Any harm in uninstalling it?

LindaJo

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012

I have a HP laptop that came with a sound card. What did Realtek do? Displace it?

LindaJo

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
No iota, all I kvnow is that it appeared after Realtek invited itself through a downloaded font typeface. It replaced Google with something insanely cool. I uninstalled Realtek and replaced Google as my search bar but had reservations about the sound card. I think it is a spy. If I write an email, those popup ads know where I'm going before I do.

LindaJo

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012

I appreciate hearing that. I guess that's all I really wanted to know. Thanks again :hello: .

BJEvS

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013

I have a Probook 4530s- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. I was not looking for this RealTek info. BUT, about 1.5 years ago, my foreground screen borders kept flashing after some maintenance. I tried to get HP (they eventually conceded to install a new motherboard thinking it was my video card - not solved), and several top virus companies to help solve. None could.

So I finally did a "divide and conquer" (may be an actual statistics term for this methodology - Binary Search?). Turned half of the Services off (unchecked them) - still a problem? Problem program must be in the half left on (checked).

Kept cutting them in half again and again (with system restarts each time) until I found the program >> RtlISMServ <<< in the Windows 7 Services. I know this is the culprit as if I forget to disable it, the problem of flashing foreground border screen returns.

The reason I am posting is due to seeing you mention this has something to do with sound. My Bluetooth is broke as no sound comes out of my Bose Wave radio when I have it connected to the ProBook via my Belkin A12 SoundStream adapter. This Belkin is a Plug 'N Play (PnP) so no driver for it. And all connections seem good. I think my Bluetooth drivers got regressed is the real problem. But thought I'd mention this RealTek program in case anyone else gets my problem with flashing Screen Border. It is a very pain-in-the-?ss as you won't be able to type a consistent string of characterless on any screen in the foreground. The flashing keeps erasing them.

If any maintenance hit this program, it did not fix it as mentioned today (20/27/15) accidentally left it on, and the screen flashing returned. Forget telling RealTek in Asia (Taiwan?) - they did not understand the problem and/or care - ditto for HP.

PS. Path from Properties if it: C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Internet Sharing Manager\HP_UI\RtlService.exe
Since it is part of HP Internet Sharing manager, what is the connection to sound?

Aliel The Heretic

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015

Actually NOT. RealTek has recently been identified as a Boot Agent Virus. In other words, it's a legitimate program that performs legitimate functions, but alters your system (without your knowledge) just enough to make it possible for computer viruses to get past your firewall and antivirus programs.

For some reason, it's on the Windows Update list of recommended programs. Microsoft has yet to remove it.

See Here :

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_6038768_rid-realtek-boot-agent-virus.html

Daphne P

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015

The difference seems to be where it is located. According to File.Info, at this page (http://www.file.info/windows/rthdvcpl_exe.html), the danger lies in the program's being located in System32 directory, where it is most likely to be the virus you mention. If it is located in Program Files, it is most likely genuine.