EECH: Can't play!

G

Hi:
I love "Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs. Hokum", but I can't [-peep-] play it anymore! I've installed it a few weeks ago, a friend of mine had my disk for some months, in those months i installed WinXP... now if I select anything, but a recon mission or a transfer mission, my system instanty reboots! That means no strike missions, no CAS missions... damn! It happens ALWAYS!
To be honest, I'm not sure it's just XP, I'm lazy about installing WIN98SE again just to see if that's the problem, because most games run even better... so suggestions? similar problems?
By the way: don't even ask, ofcourse I'm patched to the latest version!

dhlucke

Polypheme
What's your system? With Operation Flashpoint, my temps rose a couple degrees too many and the game would automatically quit. Something to think about. I had to install another fan to get that game to run.

Your best bet is to run the game in compatability mode. Right click the executable, go to properties, compatability, and select Win98.

<font color=red>I have a computer and it does weird stuff. please help.</font color=red>

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
Holy mother of Processors. IF your pc is doing that you have way more than a fan problem man. Remove your HSF, clean it with pure isopryl alcohol. Use Artic Silver II and reattach it securely, firmly, and flat. Make sure its sitting flat on the proc. You need to modify your case if it doesnt already support at least 1 intake and 1 exhaust fan. Try putting two intakes in the front if you can, an exhaust on the side between the gfx card and the proc and an exhaust right behind the proc. Make sure your HSF works good. If your pc is shutting down then you have a p4...or your've fried your athlon. In order for a p4 to actually shutdown you have to hit 120+CELCIUS! It starts stepping its speed down after 72C. You need serious cooling help. Your roasting your hardware.

nVidiot: Message board Troll employed by nVidia to terrorize aTidiots.