mvsiangco

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2002
I have observed that in XP, users can actually change their account into administrators, or am I mistaken? It is supposed to be that only administrators can change user accounts for more security?
But if you try to create a new user account, you will notice that from there you can easily "see" or "hack" administrator's files! why?? is this really the design?

another point, anybody can still easily access windows files and destroy these!

why is there no password protection (at least) for these files? its quite a trouble to keep on reinstalling everytime a windows file is corrupted or purposely deleted!

i hope Mr. Bill Gates and associates will do something about this!

mvs

HammerBot

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
I have observed that in XP, users can actually change their account into administrators, or am I mistaken?
ROTFLOL! Yes you are mistaken. There really would be no point in security if users could change their security level. Make sure that your users are not part of the administrators group.

Regarding security, WXP is not the best out there, but you can set up a lot of security settings, and protect the system.

<i><b>Engineering is the fine art of making what you want from things you can get</b></i>
<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=655" target="_new">My systems</A>

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
...you are mistaken

Dungeons and Dragons Famous Last Words:
"C'mon DM,let's see some REAL monsters!" And then you turn the corner as the Dungeon Master chuckles... DM: "It hits and... Oh hold on... I need more dice"