About dual-wielding weapons with special pre/suffixes?

Spoiler? Just in case:

End spoiler

If I have 2 weapons with suffix/preffixes, and I have Two Weapon Combat
skill, and dual-wield them, will the effects of both apply?
e.g. I have X of mayhem / Y of corruption. Will both effects apply?

And if they're the same effect (e.g. 2 foos of might)?
--
Chaos Master®, posting from Canoas, Brazil - 29.55° S / 51.11° W

"Now: the 2-bit processor, with instructions:
1. NOP - does nothing, increase PC.
2. HLT - does nothing, doesn't increase PC
3. MMX - enter Pentium(r) emulation mode; increase PC
4. LCK - before MMX: NOP ; after MMX: executes F0 0F C7 C8 "

NP (Winamp): Lacuna Coil - Senzafine
1 answer Last reply
More about about dual wielding weapons special suffixes
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

    Chaos Master wrote:

    > Spoiler? Just in case:

    > End spoiler
    >
    > If I have 2 weapons with suffix/preffixes, and I have Two Weapon
    > Combat skill, and dual-wield them, will the effects of both apply?
    > e.g. I have X of mayhem / Y of corruption. Will both effects apply?

    Intuitively, each should apply to hits from that weapon but not to hits
    from the other. In this case, the "mayhem" effect (which is just
    increased damage dice, isn't it?) would apply to hits with weapon X,
    while hits with weapon Y would cause corruption - but weapon Y wouldn't
    do additional damage, and hits with weapon X wouldn't cause corruption.
    Whether or not you have the Two Weapon Combat skill shouldn't affect the
    result, I think.

    Whether intuition actually applies in this case I don't know, but if it
    doesn't (i.e. the description I gave for the suggested example doesn't
    match what actually happens), I think I'd call that a bug. At the very
    least, wielding a corrupting weapon in your left hand shouldn't mean
    that the normally unexceptional weapon in your right suddenly becomes
    corrupting...

    --
    The Wanderer

    side of it.