Futher proof of ZDNets bias

G

Looking at their pc buying guide, they have picked a Dell PIII 800 as their VALUE system! In all honesty, how could any objective source choose a PIII over either a Duron or T-bird for value? Even if you are pro-Intel, you have to admit that AMD's price/performance ratio is superior.

http://www.zdnet.com/special/filters/sc/desktops/

Lucol

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Gee, strange isn't it. I wonder how much Dell invests in advertising in Ziff Davis publications??? I don't think it being a PIII had much to do with it. I bet if Dell had a Duron or T-bird, it would have won, but they're all Intel if I'm not mistaken.

G

Actually if I remember something the good Dr. referenced once, I believe that Intel owns both ZDnet and C|Net. How's that for insuring good reviews?

G

Dell sells only Intel cpus and as a result they get the spanking new chips first(they had the p3 1.13 before the recall, thanks mostly to the ever wonderful Dr. Pabst). I have no idea who owns ZDnet and C|net, but it's quite possible.

Lucol

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Oh great, no wonder there are so many ignorant people going around ranting about Intel and so forth, without any real facts to back anything up. If what you say is true, then most PC publications are owned by Intel?!?!? Good god, now that's a real dilema for objective reporting. It would make sense then, cause reading Computer Shoppers The Hard Edge, I once ran into them saying that Intel processors will always beat AMD, now and in the future, no matter what benchmark. Or something like that, but way out there.

G

well as much as i agree that there is a biased toward intel in their reviews... think about it.. they are comparing brand names... the athlon/duron might be a suprieror product, but i would never trust a gateway computer no matter what kind of cpu it has.. the rest of the computer is bunk it's a shame dell is in bed with intel... they've got a great warranty package and their systems that i've seen in the past were good