Hi guys im looking to move away from my aging desktop pc to a decent spec laptop. I will mainly be using the laptop to browse the net, download and watch movies streamed to my 50" panasonic 1080p HD tv, burn dvd's and cd's and to play the odd games. Must be able to play HD downloads flawlessly. I need to be able to spread the cost so looking to by it from somewhere that offers 12 month or 6 month interest free if possible. My budget is about £700 but its flexible. Need to be able to buy it from somewhere in the UK.
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
decent enough for watching hd movies in the bedroom would be nice.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
doesn't really need to be too portable will be mainly used at home.
5. How much battery life do you need?
doesn't matter really.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Will like to play the odd games like world of warcraft, rome total war and some first person shooters.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
HD video streaming to a plasma, burning dvd's, cd's, browsing net
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Currys, comet, pc world, ebuyer, overclockers.co.uk anyway that allows the cost to be spread preferably interest free for 12 months.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
anything reliable and decent
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Hi thanks for the reply. Looks like an amazing laptop. Should cover everything I need and more. What is the graphics card like 1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 435M Graphics Card ? Will it be able to play some of the more recent games at mid to high settings ?
Thanks Maziar that was a good review. Do you know what video connections the laptop will have? do you think it will have HDMI? Looks like ill go for the XPS 17 just unsure whether to include the 3 year warranty now its a pricey extra £170. Decisions, decisions.....
Mini DisplayPort (1),
2 total USB 3.0
2 total USB 2.0 (1 / 1 eSATA/powershare combo)
Integrated network connector 10/100/1000 LAN (RJ45)
AC adapter connector
Audio jacks (headphone with SPDIF support (2), 1 Mic-in)"
As for warranty,well I can't judge on it much because i haven't had any experiences with Dell's warranty before but i think £170 is kinda too expensive for a 3 year warranty.