What can/can't the [spoily] kill?

Spoilerspace DOT COM

Yeah...

What types of things can/can't the Banshee kill with her wail?
Apparently she can kill you by making your heart/soul give up the will
to live, or burn or whatever (I forget exactly what the text said when
she got me once), so what can't be killed by the Banshee? Jellies?
Grues? Elementals? Orb Guardians? Is there some kind of flag in the
Monster Dex for which monsters are able to be wailed to death?
3 answers Last reply
More about what spoily kill
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

    wrote:
    > Spoilerspace DOT COM

    > Yeah...
    >
    > What types of things can/can't the Banshee kill with her wail?
    > Apparently she can kill you by making your heart/soul give up the will
    > to live, or burn or whatever (I forget exactly what the text said when
    > she got me once), so what can't be killed by the Banshee? Jellies?
    > Grues? Elementals? Orb Guardians? Is there some kind of flag in the
    > Monster Dex for which monsters are able to be wailed to death?

    I think that undead can't be killed by the wail... after all, I
    understand that they have no heart/soul, and golems also (I understand
    that they're more like machines).

    []s
    --
    Chaos Master®, posting from Canoas, Brazil - 29.55° S / 51.11° W

    "Now: the 2-bit processor, with instructions:
    1. NOP - does nothing, increase PC.
    2. HLT - does nothing, doesn't increase PC
    3. MMX - enter Pentium(r) emulation mode; increase PC
    4. LCK - before MMX: NOP ; after MMX: executes F0 0F C7 C8 "
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

    On 23 Dec 2004 16:16:25 -0800, Nichenforbrains@hotmail.com wrote:

    > Spoilerspace DOT COM

    > Yeah...
    >
    > What types of things can/can't the Banshee kill with her wail?
    > Apparently she can kill you by making your heart/soul give up the will
    > to live, or burn or whatever (I forget exactly what the text said when
    > she got me once), so what can't be killed by the Banshee? Jellies?
    > Grues? Elementals? Orb Guardians? Is there some kind of flag in the
    > Monster Dex for which monsters are able to be wailed to death?

    Monsters that are NOT affected by the banshee are undead, constructs and
    monsters that can shrug off bolts (mcfUndead, mcfConstruct or
    mf3ShrugOffBolts). All other monsters within a radius of 8 squares are
    instantly killed.

    --
    A blessed ElDeR cHaOs GoD figurine of wondrous power (25s) is lying
    here.

    AdomBot - bot, demos, sounds, cheats, and more
    http://www.geocities.com/adombot/
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

    On 23 Dec 2004 16:16:25 -0800, <Nichenforbrains@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Spoilerspace DOT COM

    > Yeah...
    >
    > What types of things can/can't the Banshee kill with her wail?
    > Apparently she can kill you by making your heart/soul give up the will
    > to live, or burn or whatever (I forget exactly what the text said when
    > she got me once), so what can't be killed by the Banshee? Jellies?
    > Grues? Elementals? Orb Guardians? Is there some kind of flag in the
    > Monster Dex for which monsters are able to be wailed to death?

    Shouldn't it not kill deaf things?
    Or is it impossible for creatures exept for the PC ti be deaf?

Games Video Games