Early-game boost! *SPOILY* *CHEESY* YAGBU?

kevino

Distinguished
May 30, 2003

..
..
..
..

A cheeky little abuse of Darkforge for characters in the early game
(~L10)!

Any character with Teleport Control (All Mindcrafters, anyone who finds
a Blink Dog, poolraiders....) can quite easily raid the weapon and
armor rooms in Darkforge without having to deal with the golems. This
provides a really powerful boost in the early game as some kind of
Dragon Scale Mail and an Eternium Two-Handed Sword are practically
guranteed, and many other items, including artifact weapons, often show
up.

If you don't have another method to teleport ~4 times there's a
guranteed Wand of Teleportation in the Assassin's Guild, retriving it
isn't dangerous but can be tedious if you don't have a way to detect
the wand or at least a pickaxe (with tele control you can walk around
the level then try to teleport into every square the wand room might be
in.)

Now, go to Darkforge. Note that some fairly scary monsters can be
generated in the level above Darkforge, although it's not totally
insane. Either nip or teleport past the Golem Guardian, and descend.

Once in Darkforge, zap yourself *immediately* with the Wand of
Teleportation. 23 squares left drops you into the armour room. When
you're done, move to the bottom-left hand corner of the room. This
time teleport 8 squares down and another 23 squares left, right into
the middle of the weapons room!

When you're done, teleport back to the stairs, nip back up, and run or
teleport to the up staircase.

If you follow these instructions carefully and aren't careless running
past the golems you need never get hit by them. Bear in mind that your
wand of teleportation might not have as many charges as you want/need,
so be sure to bring a scroll of charging or potion of booze or mana
just in case. I've done this loads with ~L10 characters and never lost
one. L1 Mindcrafters are a bit ambitious though!

- Kevin

Personally I don't think this is YaGBU worthy because it seems more
like a advanced player strategy than a beginner tactic.
Not a bad idea though.

"KevinO" <dthspell@hotmail.com> wrote in

> .
> .
> .
> .
>
> A cheeky little abuse of Darkforge for characters in the early game
> (~L10)!
>
> Any character with Teleport Control (All Mindcrafters, anyone who finds
> a Blink Dog, poolraiders....) can quite easily raid the weapon and
> armor rooms in Darkforge without having to deal with the golems. This
> provides a really powerful boost in the early game as some kind of
> Dragon Scale Mail and an Eternium Two-Handed Sword are practically
> guranteed, and many other items, including artifact weapons, often show
> up.

Actually this trick is quite well known. It should be noted that entering
Darkforge 2 generates an artifact and so this can mess up pre-crowning
plans in the early game. Can anyone confirm or deny if entering DF:2 when
doomed increases the chance of randoma rtifact generation?