G

I hear alot of people here saying that Athlons have 'serious' heat problems. Technically, the Durons are Athlons. Are people having heat problems with Durons? I haven't. If you are overclocking, don't bother answering because every processer will have heat problems if you overclock it. I am also using a 235Watt power supply. The 300Watt power supply I bought burned out after 4 months, so I put the old 235watt in and amazingly, I have had no problems at all with it. So is anybody having heat or power problems with the Durons? (Oh yea, before you ask, no, I am not using a Geforce. I have a CL TNT2 and it works very good so far. Do you really see that much difference with a Geforce? I mean actually SEE it in actual use?)

G

It really depends on your opinion of a "heat problem." To me, anything in excess of 40C is a heat problem. And currently, my T-Bird runs at about 47C. I would like to nail it below 30C, but that won't happen with my current case. As for the Power Supply, I believe the T-Birds have a higher demand on the power supply than the Durons (could very easily be wrong on that though). However, I am fairly certain that the higher clock speed procs demand more power and more stability in the PS. Dunno, but my T-Bird 900 sometimes still locks up. At this point I can only speculate it's the PS at 250W. I plan to change over to an FKI 320 anyway. So that should solve both of my problems. :)

Charles