Argh - need a source of Frost

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 30, 2004 8:29:34 PM

My Dwarven Healer is still going (23 now), and I've managed to clear the
water temple and fire temples, but now I'm stuck at the Guardian - I need
the ring to safely pass him, and I have yet to find a *single* source of ice
creation. My only thoughts at this point are to drink from the last few
pools in Darkforge (had bad luck with these, but did get a Wish I needed for
=Ice to pass the tower), or somehow reach the rift (how can I train
climbing? and I'm really not sure my character is ready for that place). I
tried scumming the ID a bunch, but still no books or wands of cold. Indeed,
I've spent so much time looking for a source (I even dug up all the great
treasure graves in both gys), that is now past day 90 (92 or so), which I'm
guessing will make my descent that much more hazardous.

Any suggestions?

Beyond that, I have not been friendly to cats, are there any precautions I
can take to ensure my adventure doesn't end swiftly when the Cat Lord is
encountered? I'm also concerned about the Air Temple - it blasts equipment,
is there any way to protect from this?

More about : argh source frost

December 30, 2004 8:34:04 PM

Marcus wrote:

> My Dwarven Healer is still going (23 now), and I've
> managed to clear the water temple and fire temples, but
> now I'm stuck at the Guardian - I need the ring to
> safely pass him, and I have yet to find a *single*
> source of ice creation. My only thoughts at this point
> are to drink from the last few pools in Darkforge (had
> bad luck with these, but did get a Wish I needed for
> =Ice to pass the tower), or somehow reach the rift (how
> can I train climbing? and I'm really not sure my
> character is ready for that place). I tried scumming the
> ID a bunch, but still no books or wands of cold. Indeed,
> I've spent so much time looking for a source (I even dug
> up all the great treasure graves in both gys), that is
> now past day 90 (92 or so), which I'm guessing will make
> my descent that much more hazardous.

Auch. Hope you have a big fat bundle of SoCR. Don't know
what you expect me to say. There is only one guaranteed
\oCold and that is the reward for the Druid quest, which I
expect is not an option any more. Have you done the water
dragon? Sometimes she has a stack of goodies (and
occationally a floor full of junk).
I wouldn't drink from pools unless I have high enough
piety to clear dooming/cursing. You _never_ get a wish
from a pool if you are doomed. Alternatively enough
corpses to cover lost intrinsics (karmic ones are yummy,
blink dogs a near must).

> Any suggestions?

Since it is so late (no luck in finding 7LBs I gather) you
could give in and simply spend the time building a
conventional bridge.

> Beyond that, I have not been friendly to cats, are there
> any precautions I can take to ensure my adventure
> doesn't end swiftly when the Cat Lord is encountered?
> I'm also concerned about the Air Temple - it blasts
> equipment, is there any way to protect from this?

Zap a wand of monster detection. If you can avoid him do
so. Be able to see invisible. Catch him in webs. Pelt him
with humaniod slaying ammo.

As for the air temple - not to my knowlegde. Drop your
important stuff and watch out for two corruptions that can
be a nasty surprise.
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 8:47:44 PM

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:29:34 -0500, Marcus wrote:

> My Dwarven Healer is still going (23 now), and I've managed to clear the
> water temple and fire temples, but now I'm stuck at the Guardian - I need
> the ring to safely pass him, and I have yet to find a *single* source of
> ice creation. My only thoughts at this point are to drink from the last
> few pools in Darkforge (had bad luck with these, but did get a Wish I
> needed for =Ice to pass the tower), or somehow reach the rift (how can I
> train climbing? and I'm really not sure my character is ready for that
> place). I tried scumming the ID a bunch, but still no books or wands of
> cold. Indeed, I've spent so much time looking for a source (I even dug up
> all the great treasure graves in both gys), that is now past day 90 (92 or
> so), which I'm guessing will make my descent that much more hazardous.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Beyond that, I have not been friendly to cats, are there any precautions I
> can take to ensure my adventure doesn't end swiftly when the Cat Lord is
> encountered? I'm also concerned about the Air Temple - it blasts
> equipment, is there any way to protect from this?

Sounds like you're looking for some spoilage.
There's one guaranteed source of frost.

Complete the druid's quest and you'll get a wand and book of frost. Since
you're a healer, I assume you did NOT take the carpenter quest, since the
reward is much less valuable (although you'd still get an item which could
help you cross the river).

Alternately, Holeinthewall has a character who will train your climbing.
Only if you're neutral or chaotic though.
December 31, 2004 12:08:51 AM

Marcus wrote:
> My Dwarven Healer is still going (23 now), and I've managed to clear the
> water temple and fire temples, but now I'm stuck at the Guardian - I need
> the ring to safely pass him, and I have yet to find a *single* source of ice
> creation. My only thoughts at this point are to drink from the last few
> pools in Darkforge (had bad luck with these, but did get a Wish I needed for
> =Ice to pass the tower), or somehow reach the rift (how can I train
> climbing? and I'm really not sure my character is ready for that place). I
> tried scumming the ID a bunch, but still no books or wands of cold. Indeed,
> I've spent so much time looking for a source (I even dug up all the great
> treasure graves in both gys), that is now past day 90 (92 or so), which I'm
> guessing will make my descent that much more hazardous.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Beyond that, I have not been friendly to cats, are there any precautions I
> can take to ensure my adventure doesn't end swiftly when the Cat Lord is
> encountered? I'm also concerned about the Air Temple - it blasts equipment,
> is there any way to protect from this?

For a wand, check out all of the stores (HMV, Dwarftown, Black Market)
for one... although I assume you already have. I've never done this
myself, but maybe a Potion of Exchange on a wand? Who knows...

Concerning the Cat Lord, make sure you can see invisible (I believe AMW
grants this) so he doesn't sneak up on you. Be on Coward of course.
Teleportation isn't allowed on that level, so either try to speed off to
the other staircase (Blessed scroll of Magic Mapping maybe, and wand of
monster detection possibly to see where the Cat Lord is). If you can't
make it safely, try luring him off to the level above, where
teleportation is allowed, then lose him somehow (such as running away,
then teleporting yourself back to the stairs).

For the Air Temple (I've only been there 4 times, so this is just from
my meager experiences), I just lock all of my stuff in a room, or on the
level above/below so it isn't electrocuted/stolen by random monsters. I
bring only the bare essentials into the area where you can get zapped:
artifact/high metal weapons (I dunno if the air can zap high-metal
weapons, but I haven't had any trouble with it), a few stomafillia just
in case, and I have drunk a blessed potion of Invisibility earlier, so
I'm invisible for quite a while. If you have ranged weapons, blast
away, same with spells. I guess the same goes for melee fighters, but I
haven't had any experience with them in the Air Temple.
December 31, 2004 12:13:31 PM

frobnoid wrote:
> Sounds like you're looking for some spoilage.
> There's one guaranteed source of frost.

> Complete the druid's quest and you'll get a wand and book of frost.
> Since you're a healer, I assume you did NOT take the carpenter quest,
> since the reward is much less valuable (although you'd still get an
> item which could help you cross the river).

No dice - I (foolishly) took Gardening, figuring the ability to create herbs
would be useful. That would not appear to be the case :/

> Alternately, Holeinthewall has a character who will train your
> climbing. Only if you're neutral or chaotic though.

No luck here either, Crowned L+
December 31, 2004 12:17:27 PM

maddog@dsr.kvl.dk wrote:
> Marcus wrote:

> Auch. Hope you have a big fat bundle of SoCR. Don't know
> what you expect me to say. There is only one guaranteed
> \oCold and that is the reward for the Druid quest, which I
> expect is not an option any more. Have you done the water
> dragon? Sometimes she has a stack of goodies (and
> occationally a floor full of junk).
> I wouldn't drink from pools unless I have high enough
> piety to clear dooming/cursing. You _never_ get a wish
> from a pool if you are doomed. Alternatively enough
> corpses to cover lost intrinsics (karmic ones are yummy,
> blink dogs a near must).

A fair number - we'll see how it goes. I'm not certain my character is
strong enough to tackle the water dragon just yet though. I did clear out
down to the bottom of the UC to reach the lake in the hopes of getting a
book or wand of cold. Lots of Eternium, still no cold. Went and did
Quicklings for the heck of it. Lots of speed, still no cold. Went and did a
bit of Minotaurs... you get the idea :)

I do have the piety to handle it, but drinking from them earlier was
unpleasant, with intrinsics being lost, regained, lost, regained, then
cursing/dooming, off to restore, repeat. Not very good. I got the Wish for
the =Ice, but I'm hesitant to try that bit again. Desperation may cause me
to do so however.

>> Any suggestions?
>>
> Since it is so late (no luck in finding 7LBs I gather) you
> could give in and simply spend the time building a
> conventional bridge.

I actually did acquire a pair :)  I imagine they'll be roasted to some trap
or critter at some point, but they are certainly nice. I can see why people
use wishes on them.

I went and tried to harvest some logs, but they're obscenely heavy, and I
haven't figured out a good way to increase my carrying capacity enough to
carry a stack or three down to the lake. No Girdle of Str, no =Weakness. Is
there any hope of building a bridge without the skill?

>> Beyond that, I have not been friendly to cats, are there
>> any precautions I can take to ensure my adventure
>> doesn't end swiftly when the Cat Lord is encountered?
>> I'm also concerned about the Air Temple - it blasts
>> equipment, is there any way to protect from this?
>>
> Zap a wand of monster detection. If you can avoid him do
> so. Be able to see invisible. Catch him in webs. Pelt him
> with humaniod slaying ammo.

Will do. I have these tools (and I just acquired Skullcrusher - greater
id'ing it and whacking a few humanoids revealed it to be quite the fun toy,
though I'm not sure I'd want to go anywhere near him in melee)

> As for the air temple - not to my knowlegde. Drop your
> important stuff and watch out for two corruptions that can
> be a nasty surprise.

Will do, thanks
December 31, 2004 12:19:14 PM

Nick Strnad wrote:
> Marcus wrote:

..

..

..

> For a wand, check out all of the stores (HMV, Dwarftown, Black Market)
> for one... although I assume you already have. I've never done this
> myself, but maybe a Potion of Exchange on a wand? Who knows...

I have indeed... multiple refreshings of two stores, no luck so far. No
potions of Exchange either. Yeesh.

> Concerning the Cat Lord, make sure you can see invisible (I believe
> AMW grants this) so he doesn't sneak up on you. Be on Coward of
> course. Teleportation isn't allowed on that level, so either try to
> speed off to the other staircase (Blessed scroll of Magic Mapping
> maybe, and wand of monster detection possibly to see where the Cat
> Lord is). If you can't make it safely, try luring him off to the
> level above, where teleportation is allowed, then lose him somehow
> (such as running away, then teleporting yourself back to the stairs).

I'll be very cautious when he shows up, for sure.

> For the Air Temple (I've only been there 4 times, so this is just from
> my meager experiences), I just lock all of my stuff in a room, or on
> the level above/below so it isn't electrocuted/stolen by random
> monsters. I bring only the bare essentials into the area where you
> can get zapped: artifact/high metal weapons (I dunno if the air can
> zap high-metal weapons, but I haven't had any trouble with it), a few
> stomafillia just in case, and I have drunk a blessed potion of
> Invisibility earlier, so I'm invisible for quite a while. If you
> have ranged weapons, blast away, same with spells. I guess the same
> goes for melee fighters, but I haven't had any experience with them
> in the Air Temple.

What *can* it destroy? Iron? Potions? Wands? Scrolls? Herbs? Just wondering
what I can bring along in my toolkit to deal with the area. Dunno if I'm
overestimating it, just trying to avoid a silly death if possible.
Anonymous
December 31, 2004 2:26:43 PM

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:19:14 -0500, Marcus wrote:

> Nick Strnad wrote:
>> Marcus wrote:
>

> .
>

> .
>

> .
>

>> For a wand, check out all of the stores (HMV, Dwarftown, Black Market)
>> for one... although I assume you already have. I've never done this
>> myself, but maybe a Potion of Exchange on a wand? Who knows...
>
> I have indeed... multiple refreshings of two stores, no luck so far. No
> potions of Exchange either. Yeesh.

Dip random wands into potions of raw chaos?
You can generate these potions with Moon Sickle.
Anonymous
December 31, 2004 3:45:49 PM

> What *can* it destroy? Iron? Potions? Wands? Scrolls? Herbs? Just wondering
> what I can bring along in my toolkit to deal with the area. Dunno if I'm
> overestimating it, just trying to avoid a silly death if possible.

I'm not sure exactly what it can destroy. Definitely wands, potions,
scrolls, herbs (all food maybe?), so leave most of those somewhere else.
Cloaks are vulnerable to the lightning, and I think your SLB's would
be too. Pretty much anything that would be flammable in real life, but
you'll have to check with someone else for other things (iron weapons, etc.)

I think iron items can be zapped, but I'm not positive on that one.
Missile weapons and missiles can be destroyed, if you're using them.
However, missiles can be good RNG fodder, so keep some to have the
lightning ignite some arrows instead of good stuff.
Anonymous
December 31, 2004 5:06:43 PM

Marcus wrote:
> frobnoid wrote:
>
>>Sounds like you're looking for some spoilage.

>> Complete the druid's quest and you'll get a wand and book of frost.
>> Since you're a healer, I assume you did NOT take the carpenter
>> quest, since the reward is much less valuable (although you'd still
>> get an item which could help you cross the river).
>

> No dice - I (foolishly) took Gardening, figuring the ability to
> create herbs would be useful. That would not appear to be the case :/

Gardening seems to be only useful if you have the survival skill so you
can actually get enough seeds to plant. On a side note, Gardening is
actually a lawful action (fairly small effect, but hey.)

Also note that the healer quest gives you a decent supply of potions of
ultra healing as long as you have a good way to show mercy repeatedly,
and then you can cash these items in for an alignment boost. (Marcus
shouldn't need that, in this case, but it has additional usefulneed not
always thought of.)

>> Alternately, Holeinthewall has a character who will train your
>> climbing. Only if you're neutral or chaotic though.
>
> No luck here either, Crowned L+

Climb in and out pit traps; this will train climbing. Running over them
and not falling in will also train Dex slightly =)

>> I'm not sure exactly what it can destroy. Definitely wands,
>> potions, scrolls, herbs (all food maybe?), so leave most of those
>> somewhere else. Cloaks are vulnerable to the lightning, and I think
>> your SLB's would be too. Pretty much anything that would be
>> flammable in real life, but you'll have to check with someone else
>> for other things (iron weapons, etc.)
>>

> SLBs are definitely prone to destruction by the lightning. My normal
> way of dealing with the level is to dump everything except what is
> immediately needed on the stairs down on the level above. With
> invisibility and a bit of luck it is possible to kill the master
> summoner and grab the orb pretty quickly.
>
> My one note is to remember not only to unequip items like SLBs and
> girdles of Carrying, but also to make sure that you drop them off the
> level. I have made this incredibly stupid slip more than once...

Well, you don't actually have to store them off-level; the lightning
storms only affect the left half. Less chance of your items being
disturbed by other random mobs on another level, though.

I think what was said about is correct; about everything that is
vulnerable to flame is also vulnerable to lightning. This includes a lot
of stuff, but definately includes potions, scrolls, leather, and
cloth... I'm pretty sure iron stuff is vulernable as well. Ideally,
bring a lot of junk items if you need to bring potions or similar in
there; single arrow stacks are always a good choice (fired from kobolds
or raiders for example). Definately leave your SLB away from the temple.

>> Auch. Hope you have a big fat bundle of SoCR. Don't know what you
>> expect me to say. There is only one guaranteed \oCold and that is
>> the reward for the Druid quest, which I expect is not an option any
>> more. Have you done the water dragon? Sometimes she has a stack of
>> goodies (and occationally a floor full of junk). I wouldn't drink
>> from pools unless I have high enough piety to clear
>> dooming/cursing. You _never_ get a wish from a pool if you are
>> doomed. Alternatively enough corpses to cover lost intrinsics
>> (karmic ones are yummy, blink dogs a near must).
>

> A fair number - we'll see how it goes. I'm not certain my character
> is strong enough to tackle the water dragon just yet though. I did
> clear out down to the bottom of the UC to reach the lake in the hopes
> of getting > a book or wand of cold. Lots of Eternium, still no
> cold. Went and did Quicklings for the heck of it. Lots of speed,
> still no cold. Went and did a bit of Minotaurs... you get the idea :)

Well, you could always simply generate the water dragon's lair and SEE
what was there, without yet taking anything.

Wand of cold creation probabilty is actually moderately high (500; SLB
are 200). The best place to search for one would be danger level 3, so
that would be ID:9 IIRC and that's still uncorrupting.

The 90 day limit hasn't bothered me too much personally; you can always
scum for salvation in non-corrupting areas... it'll be boring, but you
can save your character ;)

Another strange method you might consider is luring something else than
can ice stuff over there. IIRC, ice vorticies will ice a bit of water on
thier explosion, and there are a few spellcasting mobs which I believe
can cast some form of ice bolt.

> I do have the piety to handle it, but drinking from them earlier was
> unpleasant, with intrinsics being lost, regained, lost, regained,
> then cursing/dooming, off to restore, repeat. Not very good. I got
> the Wish for the =Ice, but I'm hesitant to try that bit again.
> Desperation may cause me to do so however.

Pools have a 1 in 102 (so the estimated 1% is really close) chance of
giving you a wish. Not a fun prospect, but possible. Personally I'd just
scum some more for it in the ID. Boring, but it should be found due to
it's decent creation probabilty. (0.06173% chance of each item on DL3
being a wand of cold, woohoo ;O)
Anonymous
December 31, 2004 8:19:00 PM

Marcus wrote:
> maddog@dsr.kvl.dk wrote:
>
>>Marcus wrote:

>>Since it is so late (no luck in finding 7LBs I gather) you
>>could give in and simply spend the time building a
>>conventional bridge.

> I went and tried to harvest some logs, but they're obscenely heavy, and I
> haven't figured out a good way to increase my carrying capacity enough to
> carry a stack or three down to the lake. No Girdle of Str, no =Weakness. Is
> there any hope of building a bridge without the skill?

I think it was assumed you have done the carpenter quest, and thus
had bridge building. It is not possible to build a conventional,
wooden bridge without the skill. Hell, it's damn hard WITH it. That
skill should be made more effective at lower levels, especially
since failure is so costly - logs, as you noticed, are not easy
to lug around.
Anonymous
December 31, 2004 10:05:50 PM

Nick Strnad <strnadSPAM.2@SPAMosu.edu> wrote in

>> What *can* it destroy? Iron? Potions? Wands? Scrolls? Herbs? Just
>> wondering what I can bring along in my toolkit to deal with the area.
>> Dunno if I'm overestimating it, just trying to avoid a silly death if
>> possible.
>>

> I'm not sure exactly what it can destroy. Definitely wands, potions,
> scrolls, herbs (all food maybe?), so leave most of those somewhere
> else.
> Cloaks are vulnerable to the lightning, and I think your SLB's would
> be too. Pretty much anything that would be flammable in real life,
> but you'll have to check with someone else for other things (iron
> weapons, etc.)

SLBs are definitely prone to destruction by the lightning. My normal way of
dealing with the level is to dump everything except what is immediately
needed on the stairs down on the level above. With invisibility and a bit
of luck it is possible to kill the master summoner and grab the orb pretty
quickly.

My one note is to remember not only to unequip items like SLBs and girdles
of Carrying, but also to make sure that you drop them off the level. I have
made this incredibly stupid slip more than once...
January 1, 2005 2:53:49 AM

On 2004-12-31, Twinge <homelesspete@gmail.com> wrote:
> Marcus wrote:
>> frobnoid wrote:
>>
>>>Sounds like you're looking for some spoilage.

<snip re: icing the TotHK lake>

> Another strange method you might consider is luring something else than
> can ice stuff over there. IIRC, ice vorticies will ice a bit of water on
> thier explosion, and there are a few spellcasting mobs which I believe
> can cast some form of ice bolt.

This was going to be my suggestion - I've used it successfully a couple
of times. Once took three ice vortices and was a huge pain - you have to
be fast enough to get them to follow you down the stairs, then go
invisible before they explode. Ogre magi are a much easier way to go -
their ice attacks freeze along their whole length, so you just need to
get across the lake from them a few times and you're set. Baby white
dragons don't work at all - their breath attack only freezes the first
square, and as far as I can tell they won't attack you from across the
lake - so if they're breathing, you're *on* the first square. As for
larger white dragons I can't say.

It's really too bad the skeleton king won't pick up the ring, otherwise
you could get away with a huge rock or an anvil...

njm
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 4:20:40 AM

frobnoid wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:19:14 -0500, Marcus wrote:
>

>>Nick Strnad wrote:
>>
>>>Marcus wrote:
>>

>>.
>>

>>.
>>

>>.
>>

>>> For a wand, check out all of the stores (HMV, Dwarftown, Black
>>> Market) for one... although I assume you already have. I've
>>> never done this myself, but maybe a Potion of Exchange on a wand?
>>> Who knows...
>>
>> I have indeed... multiple refreshings of two stores, no luck so
>> far. No potions of Exchange either. Yeesh.
>

> Dip random wands into potions of raw chaos? You can generate these
> potions with Moon Sickle.

Again, not a particularily good method, but here's the breakdown:

First, you'll want to be doing this on danger level 3 to maximize the
effectiveness, so probably D:3.

Using raw chaos, you'll have a 4.81% chance of getting your wand of
cold. To do this safely, you'll have to dip wands of a higher danger
level; this best for this would be the wands of detection (gold, item,
and monster) or poison, fireballs, earthquakes, or destruction in a real
pinch. If you want to use exchange, dip wands of door creation for the
best chances - 5.95% there. The only other particularily useful wand you
might generate at D:3 would be teleportation.

On a semi-related note, raw chaos pulls a mere 0.39% chance for a wand
of wishing on D:15, while exchanging door creations only brings it up to
0.46%.
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 7:43:49 AM

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 01:20:40 -0700, Twinge wrote:

> frobnoid wrote:

>>>.
>>>

>>>.
>>>

>>>.
>>>

>> Dip random wands into potions of raw chaos? You can generate these
>> potions with Moon Sickle.
>
> Again, not a particularily good method, but here's the breakdown:

But when you're desperate... :)

> Using raw chaos, you'll have a 4.81% chance of getting your wand of cold.
> want to use exchange, dip wands of door creation for the best chances -
> 5.95% there. The only other particularily useful wand you might generate
> at D:3 would be teleportation.

Why does exchanging door creation improve the chances over exchanging
other wands? (whats the more general rule to follow to maximize success?)
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 1:42:30 PM

frobnoid wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 01:20:40 -0700, Twinge wrote:
>

>>frobnoid wrote:

>>> Dip random wands into potions of raw chaos? You can generate
>>> these potions with Moon Sickle.
>>
>> Again, not a particularily good method, but here's the breakdown:
>

> But when you're desperate... :)
>

>> Using raw chaos, you'll have a 4.81% chance of getting your wand of
>> cold. want to use exchange, dip wands of door creation for the best
>> chances - 5.95% there. The only other particularily useful wand you
>> might generate at D:3 would be teleportation.
>

> Why does exchanging door creation improve the chances over exchanging
> other wands? (whats the more general rule to follow to maximize
> success?)

When using potions of exchange, you can never get the same thing you
started with. So, to maximize your chances, you want to dip whatever has
the highest creation probabilty so it improves your chances for
everything else. For example, if you have 3 items with probability 50,
500, and 2000 (and you want the item with 50 chance), dipping the item
with 2000 chance will give you a 50/550 while dipping the item with 500
chance will give you far worse odds at 50/2050.

However, do _not_ use this method with raw chaos. raw chaos' explosion
possibilities are based on your chances of getting the same item, so to
safely use raw chaos you'll want to dip something you can't possible
make (which would be something of a higher danger level than you are
currently on).
January 1, 2005 5:38:15 PM

Marcus wrote:
>[stuck without ice]

Just an update - I'm STILL stuck without Ice. Tried scumming monsters who
could use Ice, visited Blup's cave, scummed ID 9, have no !Exchange or items
that could corrupt potions (which seems rather dangerous). Have not yet
tried to drink the last few pools in Darkforge, as I'd really like to keep
intrinsic invis for the last run through the CoC. Dunno. I'll keep scumming
ID 9 till I get bored of it, then try something else.

Out of curiosity, how dangerous is the Rift cave? Assuming a Healer is
considered a spellcaster, I could solve my woes there, if I could survive
the trip through. Blup's mom is crazy difficult, correct?

Included an updated .vlg for reference.

Glorin St:39 Le:27 Wi:33 Dx:28 To:30 Ch:13 Ap: 4 Ma:17 Pe:17
L+
DV/PV: 57/28 H: 357(357) P: 173(173) Exp: 24/1999223 I9 Sp:
140
Blessed Invisible

Character Information

Glorin St:39 Le:27 Wi:33 Dx:28 To:30 Ch:13 Ap: 4 Ma:17 Pe:17 L+
DV/PV: 57/28 H: 357(357) P: 173(173) Exp: 24/1999223 M: 145359

Background Information

Name: Glorin Race: male Dwarf Class: Healer
Eye color: green Hair color: black Complexion: brown
Height: 4' Weight: 40 pounds
Age: 72 (grown-up, 14 years of unnatural aging added in)
Star sign: Tree Birthday: 21/Tree (day 351 of the year)

YOUR HISTORY:
You decided to become a Healer.

Weapon Skills

Melee weapon Lvl Hit Dam DV Level Required marks
--------------------- --- --- --- -- ------------- --------------
Clubs & hammers 9 +7 +5 +3 excellent 165
Maces & flails 12 +12 +8 +4 Mastery 1374

Missile weapon Lvl Hit Dam Ra Level Required marks
--------------------- --- --- --- -- ------------- --------------
Bows 9 +18 +13 +3 excellent 558
Crossbows 6 +12 +9 +2 skilled 87

Shields Lvl DV Level Required marks
--------------------- --- --- ------------- --------------
Shields 9 +18 excellent 1165

Damage caused with your melee weapons:
--------------------------------------
ÆRight hand: Î+77Æ bonus to hit, Î3d6+39Æ damage

Damage caused with your missile weapons:
ÆAmmunition: Î3Æ, base range: Î13Æ, Î+50Æ bonus to hit, Î2d6+26Æ damage

Spells

Calm Monster : 1, 15pp (Effectivity: +0)
Cure Light Wounds: 501, 5pp (Effectivity: +0)
Darkness : 344, 4pp (Effectivity: +2)
Fire Bolt : 11, 18pp (Effectivity: +0)
Light : 1106, 2pp (Effectivity: +6)
Magic Missile : 673, 8pp (Effectivity: +3)
Slow Monster : 259, 7pp (Effectivity: +1)
Slow Poison : 1037, 6pp (Effectivity: +0)
Summon Monsters : 642, 30pp (Effectivity: +0)
Teleportation : 474, 22pp (Effectivity: +1)
Web : 154, 12pp (Effectivity: +2)
Wish : 13, 5610pp (Effectivity: +0)

Skills

Alertness ................ 59 (good) [+1]
Backstabbing ............. 93 (superb) [+1d3]
Climbing ................. 77 (great) [+2d4]
Concentration ............100 (superb) [+2d4]
Cooking .................. 25 (mediocre) [+3d5] (mr)
Courage ..................100 (superb) [+1d5]
Detect traps ............. 79 (great) [+1d3]
Find weakness ............100 (superb) [+1d5]
First aid ................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Gardening ................ 46 (fair) [+3d3]
Haggling ................. 82 (great) [+2d4]
Healing ..................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Herbalism ................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Listening ................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Literacy .................100 (superb) [+1d5]
Metallurgy ............... 50 (fair) [+1d5]
Mining ................... 71 (great) [+1]
Smithing ................. 45 (fair) [+3d3]
Swimming ................. 56 (good) [+1d5]
Tactics .................. 62 (good) [+1]
Two weapon combat ........ 29 (mediocre) [+3d5]

Effects of Corruption

You have become extremely thin and nimble (1/2 weight, DV: +6).
You have grown a bulging cranium (Le: +6, Wi: +4, Ap: -6, PV: -4, To: -3).

Acquired and removed the other lightweight, already did the Quickling Tree
(with no Food preserv :(  - that's where the massive time increase came from)

Inventory
Total weight: 8946 stones Carrying capacity: 19689 stones

He: uncursed eternium cap [+0, +6] [28s]
Ne: uncursed ankh [3s]
Bo: uncursed ancient mummy wrapping [+1, +5] {Ap-8} [60s]
Gi: blessed girdle of carrying [+3, +0] [15s]
Cl: uncursed cloak of defense [+3, +0] [20s]
RH: blessed rune-covered club "Skullcrusher" (+12, 3d6+2) [-3, +0] {St+4}

Alternate between this and Big Punch. Considering going to get the Minotaur
Emperor's Axe, as it looks to deal more damage than either against non
Humanoids, which might be handy in the Earth temple (assuming I get there
:p ), as I haven't seen a Phase Dagger yet.

LH: blessed dwarven shield "Rolf's Saviour" (+2) [+9, +6] [120s]
RR: uncursed ring of slaying (+6 melee damage, +6 missile damage) [1s]
LR: uncursed ring of slaying (+6 melee damage, +6 missile damage) [1s]
Br: uncursed bracers of speed [+0, +0] (+4 spd) [10s]
Ga: uncursed elemental gauntlets (-1, +0) [+0, +3] [10s]
Bo: blessed seven league boots [+2, +3] [30s]
MW: blessed light crossbow of accuracy (+8, +0) [70s]
Mi: bundle of 3 blessed quarrels (+1, 2d6-3) [6s]
Tl: uncursed Chaos Orb of Elemental Fire {St+10} [100s]

Stuff

Total weight: 8352 stones Carrying capacity: 19689 stones

Helmets ('[')
uncursed crown of science [+4, +8] {Le+9} [65s]
blessed helm of water breathing (+1, +1) [+0, +1] [30s]
uncursed helm of mental stability [+0, +3] {Le+1} [100s]
Armor ('[')
blessed Shirt of the Saints [+8, +4] {Le+2} [20s]
blessed clothes (+1, +1) [+0, +0] [40s]
Shields ('[')
blessed medium crystal shield (+3) [+9, +4] [160s]
uncursed small shield (+1) [+2, +0] [50s]
cursed large mithril shield (+1) [+7, +2] [96s]
Gauntlets ('[')
uncursed archery gloves (+0, +4) [+0, +2] [6s]
uncursed blue dragon-hide gauntlets (-2, +0) [+0, +2] [10s]
uncursed gloves [+0, +0] [6s]
uncursed black leather gauntlets [+0, +2] [10s]
uncursed gauntlets (-1, +0) [+0, +1] [10s]
gloves [6s]
gauntlets [10s]
brass knuckles [10s]
Cloaks ('[')
uncursed cloak of protection [+0, +3] [20s]
uncursed hooded cloak [+1, +0] [40s]
uncursed leather cloak (-1, +0) [+1, +0] [40s]
cloak of adornment [+2, +0] {Ap+4} [40s]
light cloak [20s]
Girdles ('[')
heap of 2 uncursed girdles of carrying [+0, +0] [30s]
uncursed leather girdle [+0, +0] [5s]
cursed metal girdle [+0, +1] [25s]
girdle of carrying [+0, +0] [15s]
copper-hewn girdle [7s]
Boots ('[')
uncursed heavy boots [-1, +1] [30s]
uncursed light boots [+0, +0] [20s]
uncursed iron boots [+0, +1] [120s]
heap of 2 uncursed pairs of iron boots [-1, +1] [240s]
Necklaces (''')
uncursed amulet of light [3s]
blessed amulet of order [3s]
blessed necklace of rapid healing [2s]
uncursed amulet of greed [3s]
blessed amulet of petrification resistance [3s]
uncursed amulet of health [3s]
blessed amulet of balance [3s]
blessed amulet of protection from undead [3s]
cursed pendant of beauty {Ap+4} [3s]
cursed pendant of beauty {Ap+1} [3s]
uncursed amulet of protection from undead [3s]
bone amulet [3s]
glass amulet [3s]
Bracers (',')
heap of 2 uncursed bracers of resistance [+0, +0] [20s]
One-handed weapons ('(')
heap of 4 uncursed pick axes (+0, 1d6+1) [300s]
blessed lead-filled mace "Big Punch" (+1, 8d5+3) [-6, +0] [800s]
uncursed pick axe (+2, 1d6+4) [75s]
heap of 3 blessed pick axes (+0, 1d6+1) [225s]
uncursed pick axe (+3, 1d6+1) [75s]
cursed orcish dagger of lightning (+1, 1d4+4) [10s]
uncursed scimitar (+0, 1d8) [40s]
heap of 2 uncursed broadswords (+0, 1d7+1) [160s]
uncursed mace (+3, 1d6+4) [100s]
blessed short sword (+0, 1d6) [30s]
uncursed stone axe (+0, 1d7+1) [170s]
uncursed orcish spear (+1, 1d8+2) [75s]
uncursed broadsword (+3, 1d7+1) [80s]
uncursed rabbit knife (+2, 1d3+4) [8s]
uncursed stone axe (+2, 1d7+1) [170s]
cursed club (+0, 1d6) [30s]
uncursed crystal dagger (+0, 2d3+4) [25s]
long sword [40s]
dagger [8s]
Missile weapons ('}')
blessed long bow of accuracy (+8, +2) [30s]
uncursed short bow (+4, +3) [20s]
uncursed sling of accuracy (+5, +1) [3s]
blessed rusty light crossbow of accuracy (+11, +0) [70s]
cursed short bow (+1, -3) [20s]
uncursed long bow (+4, +2) [30s]
uncursed short bow (+1, +0) [20s]
short bow [20s]
Missiles ('/')
[stuff]

Tools (']')
heap of 12 uncursed bandages [24s]
heap of 3 uncursed thieves picks [15s]
heap of 5 uncursed torches [50s]
blessed climbing set [180s]
heap of 3 blessed fireproof blankets [30s]
heap of 2 uncursed holy symbols [10s]
uncursed tinderbox (30) [3s]
heap of 3 uncursed hexagonal keys [3s]
heap of 2 uncursed small keys [2s]
uncursed broken small key [1s]
blessed hexagonal key [1s]
blessed waterproof blanket [10s]
heap of 2 uncursed tiny keys [2s]
uncursed Chaos Orb of Elemental Water {Wi+10} [100s]
uncursed gibbering mouther figurine of wondrous power [25s]
heap of 4 uncursed waterproof blankets [40s]
heap of 2 uncursed fireproof blankets [20s]
heap of 3 uncursed round keys [3s]
heap of 8 blessed sis [80s]
uncursed triangular key [1s]
heap of 25 uncursed sis [250s]
cursed si [10s]
waterproof blanket [10s]
heap of 17 sis [170s]
piece of mithril ore [110s]
piece of adamantium ore [100s]

Brought the sis along deliberately, figured I may as well earn some
piety/cash while scumming for the \Cold.

Instruments ('{')
uncursed whistle [1s]
Rings ('=')
heap of 6 uncursed rings of cold resistance [6s]
uncursed ring of damage [1s]
blessed ring of damage [1s]
heap of 7 uncursed rings of searching [7s]
heap of 4 uncursed rings of acid resistance [4s]
blessed ring of cold resistance [1s]
blessed ring of the fish [1s]
blessed ring of protection +1 [1s]
uncursed ring of the clear mind [1s]
heap of 3 blessed rings of ice [3s]
uncursed ring of fire [1s]
uncursed ring of invisibility [1s]
blessed wedding ring [1s]
heap of 3 uncursed rings of fire resistance [3s]
heap of 3 uncursed rings of stun resistance [3s]
blessed ring of luck [1s]
uncursed ring of regeneration [1s]
blessed ring of fire resistance [1s]
uncursed ring of damage [1s]
uncursed wedding ring [1s]
ring of the fish [1s]
agate ring [1s]
ring of luck [1s]

Hoping to stack these up to !Exchange them

Wands ('\')
uncursed wand of teleportation (1 charge) [4s]
uncursed wand of door creation (1 charge) [3s]
uncursed wand of monster detection (6 charges) [3s]
blessed wand of digging (1 charge) [3s]
uncursed wand of webbing (1 charge) [3s]
uncursed wand of magic missiles (2 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of fire (3 charges) [4s]
uncursed wand of item detection (4 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of destruction (1 charge) [3s]
uncursed wand of knocking (0 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of monster detection (4 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of light (4 charges) [4s]
uncursed wand of poison (0 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of digging (4 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of fireballs (0 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of acid (1 charge) [4s]
blessed wand of light (5 charges) [4s]
uncursed wand of teleportation (2 charges) [4s]
blessed wand of stunning (0 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of stunning (2 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of monster creation (4 charges) [3s]
blessed wand of monster creation (6 charges) [3s]
blessed wand of digging (7 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of gold detection (3 charges) [6s]
uncursed wand of fireballs (0 charges) [3s]
blessed wand of item detection (1 charge) [3s]
uncursed wand of knocking (3 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of knocking (3 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of magic missiles (6 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of light (7 charges) [4s]
uncursed wand of light (7 charges) [4s]
uncursed wand of magic missiles (3 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of webbing (3 charges) [3s]
blessed wand of knocking (0 charges) [3s]
blessed wand of knocking (3 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of door creation (5 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of gold detection (7 charges) [6s]
uncursed wand of monster detection (2 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of door creation (0 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of far slaying (1 charge) [3s]
uncursed wand of lightning (3 charges) [4s]
uncursed wand of lightning (3 charges) [4s]
uncursed wand of digging (2 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of acid (2 charges) [4s]
uncursed wand of trap creation (0 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of trap creation (10 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of wonder (0 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of light (10 charges) [4s]
uncursed wand of knocking (4 charges) [3s]
blessed wand of wonder (6 charges) [3s]
blessed wand of magic missiles (6 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of trap creation (6 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of door creation (0 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of acid (3 charges) [4s]
uncursed wand of trap creation (9 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of knocking (0 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of door creation (8 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of fire (0 charges) [4s]
uncursed wand of digging (0 charges) [3s]
cursed wand of ball lightning (1 charge) [4s]
wand of fire [4s]
wand of far slaying [3s]
wand of door creation [3s]
Potions ('!')
heap of 4 uncursed potions of poison [16s]
heap of 7 blessed potions of extra healing [14s]
heap of 8 uncursed potions of cure poison [16s]
heap of 2 uncursed potions of boost speed [4s]
heap of 2 uncursed potions of visibility [8s]
heap of 3 uncursed potions of extra healing [6s]
uncursed potion of boost dexterity [2s]
heap of 10 uncursed potions of healing [40s]
heap of 4 uncursed berzio potions [8s]
uncursed potion of blindness [2s]
heap of 3 uncursed oils of rust removal [6s]
heap of 2 uncursed potions of boost strength [4s]
heap of 2 blessed potions of booze [8s]
heap of 9 uncursed potions of invisibility [36s]
heap of 6 uncursed potions of carrot juice [24s]
heap of 14 uncursed potions of booze [56s]
heap of 3 uncursed potions of confusion [6s]
heap of 2 blessed potions of cure poison [4s]
heap of 3 blessed potions of ultra healing [6s]
uncursed potion of boost appearance [2s]
blessed potion of carrot juice [4s]
heap of 2 uncursed potions of boost mana [4s]
blessed potion of deafness [2s]
heap of 5 blessed potions of healing [20s]
cursed potion of confusion [2s]
uncursed potion of insight [2s]
blessed potion of invisibility [4s]
heap of 3 uncursed potions of water [12s]
heap of 2 potions of holy water [8s]
uncursed potion of stun recovery [2s]
potion of carrot juice [4s]
heap of 3 potions of water [12s]
potion of water [4s]
potion of carrot juice [4s]
heap of 2 potions of water [8s]
potion of stun recovery [2s]
potion of cure poison [2s]
potion of visibility [4s]
potion of invisibility [4s]
potion of carrot juice [4s]
Scrolls ('?')
blessed scroll of vermin control [2s]
uncursed scroll of gold detection [2s]
heap of 5 uncursed scrolls of darkness [10s]
heap of 13 uncursed scrolls of power [26s]
blessed scroll of great identify [2s]
blessed scroll of increase melee damage [2s]
heap of 3 blessed scrolls of power [6s]
heap of 5 uncursed scrolls of increase melee damage [10s]
heap of 3 uncursed scrolls of balance [6s]
heap of 2 uncursed scrolls of peace [4s]
uncursed scroll of satiation [2s]
heap of 3 blessed scrolls of uncursing [6s]
heap of 3 uncursed scrolls of charging [6s]
heap of 2 uncursed scrolls of monster detection [4s]
uncursed scroll of light [2s]
blessed scroll of repair [2s]
blessed scroll of increase melee accuracy [2s]
heap of 3 blessed scrolls of identify [6s]
heap of 2 uncursed scrolls of familiar summoning [4s]
uncursed scroll of vermin control [2s]
blessed scroll of familiar summoning [2s]
blessed scroll of light [2s]
uncursed scroll of literacy check [2s]
uncursed scroll of increase melee accuracy [2s]
heap of 4 uncursed scrolls of identify [8s]
heap of 4 uncursed scrolls of uncursing [8s]
uncursed scroll of teleportation [2s]
uncursed scroll of great identify [2s]
uncursed scroll of magic mapping [2s]
heap of 2 uncursed scrolls of dark predictions [4s]
cursed scroll of uncursing [2s]
cursed scroll of item detection [2s]
uncursed scroll of item destruction [2s]
scroll of identify [2s]
scroll of peace [2s]
scroll of darkness [2s]
blank scroll [2s]
Food ('%')
heap of 98 uncursed spenseweeds [196s]
heap of 36 blessed curaria mancox herbs [72s]
heap of 25 uncursed alraunia antidotes [50s]
heap of 20 blessed pepper petals [40s]
heap of 24 uncursed stomacemptia herbs [48s]
heap of 3 uncursed moss patches of mareilon [6s]
heap of 12 uncursed morgia roots [24s]
heap of 20 blessed stomafillia herbs [40s]
heap of 23 blessed moss patches of mareilon [46s]
heap of 20 blessed morgia roots [40s]
heap of 21 blessed stomacemptia herbs [42s]
uncursed lump of gelee royal [3s]
heap of 125 blessed spenseweeds [250s]
heap of 57 uncursed cooked lizards [171s]
Valuables ('$')
25777 gold pieces [257s]
Gems ('*')
uncursed crystal of health [1s]
uncursed crystal of power [1s]

Killed Monsters

7604 monsters perished under his attacks.

The following monsters were vanquished:
5 acid vortices
1 air demon
1 Ancient Chaos Wyrm
12 ancient minotaurs
2 animated armors
87 animated trees
3 ankhegs
2 annihilators
8 annis hags
5 assassins
44 bandits
1 banshee
37 barbarians
16 barbarian leaders
32 berserkers
1 berserker emperor
1 berserker king
14 berserker lords
4 berserker princes
8 big dogs
3 black baby dragons
1 black druid
19 black hurthlings
13 black wizards
1 blink dog
2 blue baby dragons
1 bone golem
5 brown bears
7 brown worms
30 bugbears
2 bulettes
9 carrion crawlers
31 cave bears
71 cave fishers
12 cave lions
34 cave lizards
14 cave tigers
46 cavemen
12 chaos brothers
4 chaos eyes
4 chaos knights
15 chaos lizards
19 chaos plague bearers
14 chaos rats
29 chaos servants
13 chaos sisters
1 chaos spawn
1 chaos spider
23 claw bugs
26 clay golems
1 cloaked ratling
3 cobras
3 cooshoos
29 corpse fiends
1 corruptor
1 crime lord
17 crystal statues
17 cutpurses
2 cyclopes
18 dark elven archers
7 dark elven lords
15 dark elven priestesses
2 dark elven princesses
14 dark elven warriors
11 dark elven wizards
15 dark orcs
13 dark sages
139 dire wolves
27 displacer beasts
23 dopplegangers
1 doppleganger king
7 doppleganger lords
2 dwarves
9 dwarven chaos knights
15 ettins
14 eyes of destruction
1 fairy dragon
1 farmer
63 fire beetles
17 fire demons
25 fire drakes
26 fire elementals
6 fire giants
2 fire giant kings
3 fire grues
30 fire lizards
6 fire vortices
11 flesh golems
13 floating eyes
6 fomorian giants
1 frost giant
13 gargoyles
9 gelatinous cubes
42 ghosts
8 ghost bats
19 ghost lords
153 ghuls
4 giant ant queens
74 giant ant warriors
34 giant ant workers
53 giant bats
2 giant bee queens
105 giant bee warriors
37 giant bee workers
1 giant boar
25 giant centipedes
16 giant frogs
42 giant lizards
8 giant raccoons
95 giant rats
3 giant slugs
75 giant spiders
1 giant turtle
10 gibbering mouthers
56 gnolls
18 gnoll chieftains
133 goblins
13 goblin berserkers
23 goblin chieftains
104 goblin rockthrowers
56 goblin slavemasters
2 gorgons
39 gray oozes
1 greater daemon
3 greater mimics
9 greater mummies
1 greater water elemental
3 green blobs
10 green hags
11 green slimes
11 green worms
516 gremlins
10 griffons
9 grizzly bears
2 half-orc bouncers
25 harpies
29 hell hounds
44 hill giants
4 hill giant chieftains
20 hill orcs
11 hill orc sergeants
19 hippogriffs
44 hobgoblins
10 hobgoblin chiefs
4 hobgoblin leaders
7 homunculi
32 huge bats
11 hydras
48 hyenas
3 ice vortices
32 imps
5 invisible stalkers
253 jackals
10 jackal demons
27 jackalweres
1 karmic dragon
12 karmic lizards
108 kobolds
27 kobold chieftains
13 kobold shamans
86 large bats
25 large dogs
24 large gnolls
23 large jackals
74 large kobolds
42 large orcs
6 large rust monsters
11 large snakes
146 large spiders
6 least daemons
5 lesser daemons
12 leucrottas
7 liches
11 lightning lizards
4 lightning vortices
4 living walls
51 lizard men
3 magebane eyes
6 margoyles
1 master assassin
11 master liches
1 master necromancer
35 master swordsmen
1 master thief
19 mimics
17 minotaurs
1 minotaur lord
1 minotaur mazelord
1 mugger
29 mummies
1 mummy lord
12 necromancers
22 ochre jellies
120 ogres
2 ogre kings
3 ogre lords
8 ogre magi
158 orcs
2 orc butchers
22 orc chieftains
31 orc scorchers
13 outlaws
27 outlaw leaders
22 owlbears
47 pit vipers
9 pixies
14 pixie archers
4 purple worms
8 quasits
101 quicklings
2 quickling kings
88 quickling lords
1 quickling queen
15 rabid dogs
26 raiders
258 rats
21 ratling archers
5 ratling duelists
9 ratling fencers
5 ratling master thieves
30 ratling thieves
2 ratling warlords
26 ratling warriors
5 rattlesnakes
4 red baby dragons
1 red dragon
123 red worms
3 revenants
13 rust monsters
83 shadows
16 shadow centipedes
8 shadow lords
5 shadow trolls
3 shambling mounds
26 silver wolves
15 skeletal warriors
115 skeletons
13 slow shadows
1 Snake from Beyond
21 spectres
5 staring eyes
32 steel golems
7 steel zombies
16 stone giants
8 stone golems
1 stone ooze
6 stone snakes
3 stone statues
20 swordsmen
31 tarantulas
44 thugs
49 trolls
7 troll berserkers
2 troll chiefs
2 troll kings
1 undead chaos dwarven berserker
15 vampires
25 vapor rats
9 vipers
6 water demons
5 water elementals
18 water grues
62 water snakes
30 wererats
45 werewolves
7 werewolf lords
7 white baby dragons
328 white worms
82 wights
10 wild cats
1 will o'wisp
249 wolves
67 wraiths
12 yellow oozes
157 zombies

Achievements

He survived for 0 years, 209 days, 21 hours, 15 minutes and 46 seconds
(145359 turns).
Glorin visited 82 places.
His strength score was modified by +11 during his career.
His learning score was modified by +14 during his career.
His willpower score was modified by +10 during his career.
His dexterity score was modified by +17 during his career.
His toughness score was modified by +11 during his career.
His charisma score was modified by +1 during his career.
His appearance score was modified by +9 during his career.
His mana score was modified by +4 during his career.
His perception score was modified by +4 during his career.
He was unnaturally aged by 14 years.
He was the champion of the arena.
He made a little water dragon very happy.
He saved Khelavaster from certain death.
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 7:28:41 PM

Marcus wrote:
> Marcus wrote:
>
>>[stuck without ice]
>

> Just an update - I'm STILL stuck without Ice. Tried scumming monsters who
> could use Ice, visited Blup's cave, scummed ID 9, have no !Exchange or items
> that could corrupt potions (which seems rather dangerous).

Not dangerous if you handle it carefully, if you noticed my other post
about such =) The Moon Sickle should have spawned for you by now I'd
imagine; I forget exactly where it's guaranteed before, but I've always
gotten it before the wall of fire myself.

> uncursed wand of destruction (1 charge) [3s]
> uncursed wand of poison (0 charges) [3s]
> uncursed wand of fireballs (0 charges) [3s]
> uncursed wand of fireballs (0 charges) [3s]
> uncursed wand of item detection (4 charges) [3s]
> blessed wand of item detection (1 charge) [3s]
> uncursed wand of monster detection (2 charges) [3s]
> uncursed wand of monster detection (4 charges) [3s]
> uncursed wand of monster detection (6 charges) [3s]
> uncursed wand of gold detection (3 charges) [6s]
> uncursed wand of gold detection (7 charges) [6s]

You can safely exchange all of these on D:3 with raw chaos. Even
exchanging all these with raw chaos will certainly not guarantee you a
WoC, but one's gotta turn up _eventually_ eh?
You have about a 42% chance of pulling your wand if you exchange all 11
of these with raw chaos, and a 0% chance of exploding yourself ;)  (on D:3)

You certainly have plenty of potions to use for transforming into raw
chaos too, assuming you can find that moon sickle. The only danger lies
in making the potions themselves, which might cause a small amount of
corruption, but that's nothing like the explosions at all.

> heap of 8 uncursed potions of cure poison [16s]
> heap of 2 uncursed potions of visibility [8s]
> heap of 9 uncursed potions of invisibility [36s]
> uncursed potion of boost appearance [2s]
> uncursed potion of stun recovery [2s]
> potion of stun recovery [2s]
> potion of visibility

Alternatively, if you happen to get some spare potions of exchange to
use for such...

> uncursed wand of door creation (0 charges) [3s]
> uncursed wand of door creation (0 charges) [3s]
> uncursed wand of door creation (8 charges) [3s]
> uncursed wand of door creation (5 charges) [3s]
> uncursed wand of door creation (1 charge) [3s]
> wand of door creation [3s]

You'll get about a 6% chance per wand here.

> Out of curiosity, how dangerous is the Rift cave? Assuming a Healer is
> considered a spellcaster, I could solve my woes there, if I could survive
> the trip through.

What spawns in the library varies for each class. Frost Bolt is common
enough it should be there for almost everyone, though. The rift is
fairly difficult, but with your SLB, teleportation, and invisibility you
should be able to at least escape anything deadly that might happen to
spawn before it has a chance to kill you.

> Blup's mom is crazy difficult, correct?

Yes. She is vulerable to darkness, but if you make a wrong step or she
panics and beserks you then you're in trouble. If you do manage to slay
her, you will not only gain her treasure horde, you'll also gain about 5
levels instantly =) (Drink any boost learning before this ;)

I've killed her with an archer about your level using Executor.
Veeerrryy risky though.

> You have become extremely thin and nimble (1/2 weight, DV: +6).
> You have grown a bulging cranium (Le: +6, Wi: +4, Ap: -6, PV: -4, To: -3).
>
> Acquired and removed the other lightweight, already did the Quickling Tree
> (with no Food preserv :(  - that's where the massive time increase came from)

Is the bug temple open? If so, that's just as good or better for raising
your speed as long as you're willing to take the Willpower hit (train it
back with herbs obviously). Also, any boots of the slow shuffle you
might've tossed would be useful for that as well.

> RH: blessed rune-covered club "Skullcrusher" (+12, 3d6+2) [-3, +0] {St+4}
>
> Alternate between this and Big Punch. Considering going to get the Minotaur
> Emperor's Axe, as it looks to deal more damage than either against non
> Humanoids, which might be handy in the Earth temple (assuming I get there
> :p ), as I haven't seen a Phase Dagger yet.

Also has +critical hits. Pretty dangerous place though. It's open until
level 30, at any rate.

> Mining ................... 71 (great) [+1]
> Smithing ................. 45 (fair) [+3d3]
> heap of 4 uncursed pick axes (+0, 1d6+1) [300s]
> uncursed pick axe (+2, 1d6+4) [75s]
> heap of 3 blessed pick axes (+0, 1d6+1) [225s]
> uncursed pick axe (+3, 1d6+1) [75s]

You might consider playing with these a bit. you're already past your
90-day limit, so there's no reason not to smith if you have a
non-corrupting area available to do it in. You don't have a ring of
weakness yet, but you can abuse starvation and sickness (use herbs to
give and cure the latter) to raise strength and learning up mining away.

> Rings ('=')
> Hoping to stack these up to !Exchange them

Just remember to do it on D:8.

> uncursed wand of wonder (0 charges) [3s]
> blessed wand of wonder (6 charges) [3s]

Now here's yet another option. (I think someone else mentioned it
briefly as well) You've got 6 charges there plus a few potions of booze
(get more from the beggars in Holeinthewall if possible)... each zap
gives you a 3.26% chance of zapping frost bolt. You'd probably want to
do this in the high king's lair itself so you'd get the first zap to ice
it plus 1 or (hopefully) 2 casts to finish the job. While you're there
you can also look for an Ogre Magus ;)
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 8:06:10 PM

Marcus wrote:
> My Dwarven Healer is still going (23 now), and I've managed to clear
> the water temple and fire temples, but now I'm stuck at the Guardian
> - I need the ring to safely pass him, and I have yet to find a
> *single* source of ice creation. My only thoughts at this point are
> Any suggestions?

Zap wands of wonder. Drink potions of wonder.
If you are lucky, you will get the Frost Bolt spell.
!