Sign in with
Your question

Monitor Not Working With New PC

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 17, 2012 11:48:22 PM

Hi guys. I just bought a new PC from Cyberpower PC and it arrived today. Plugged everything in and the monitor wasn't picking up a signal when I turned it on. The monitor went to sleep mode and if I tried turning it back on the same would happen.

The monitor in question is nearly 4 years old and is a HP w2207h Widescreen Flat-Panel 22" monitor. It's VGA and I use a DVI converter on it as my video card is DVI, as is the one on the new computer.

Looked inside the new PC and everything is connected fine from what I can tell but I'm not an expert. I can say safely that being an amateur I can still tell that the PSU is connected to everything, everything is connected to the MOBO and everything is in place. The computer turns on but since the monitor won't work I can't see anything to set it up.

I tried a solution where you remove pin 12 from the VGA connector and plugged it in, didn't work.

Hoping my brand new computer isn't borked and it's just a case of outdated/bad DVI converter... Any solutions would be great! Thanks in advance.

More about : monitor working

April 18, 2012 11:17:36 AM

I've had an issue like this before, where the computer wouldn't display on a certain monitor. If you have access to another monitor, connect that up and set the resolution to 800x600.

Hope this helps, please let me know.

Jay
m
l
!