marcus

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2001

Anyone know what this does? I'm experimenting with some specific character
types, after doing the random binge to get back into the swing of things,
and Chaotic characters are at the top of the list. Just wondering if there's
some beneficial effects associated with it for C characters.

Marcus wrote:
> Anyone know what this does? I'm experimenting with some specific
> character types, after doing the random binge to get back into the
> swing of things, and Chaotic characters are at the top of the list.
> Just wondering if there's some beneficial effects associated with it
> for C characters.

Tracts are kind of strange.

Tracts of Balance draw alignment toward neutral.
Tracts of Order draw alignment towards Lawful and remove 20d10 points of
corruption - average 110, or about 1/10th of a corruption (as the
guidebook suggests, ideal right after recieving a nasty corruption).
Tracts of Order draw alignment towards Chaos and *cause* 20d10 points of
corruption.

Tracts work regardless of alignment. They always cost piety from both
Gods that aren't associated with the tract (you'll lose piety in neutral
and chaos if you read a tract of order). The change in piety for the God
associated with the tract, however, is different. You can either gain or
lose piety, probably depending on what your current piety is - low piety
seemed to always gain. I _could_ try and figure out the exact effects,
but I don't think it's worth the bother really ;)