Sign in with
Your question

I turned on my computer after shutting it down, and it loaded into system recove

Last response: in Windows 7
December 31, 2012 8:41:00 PM

I turned off my desktop computer using the power switch on the top. I then left it for a couple hours, browsing on my laptop, had to go outside, etc. Now I come back and switch it on, and it loaded system recovery. I'm in the process of doing start up repair, but I had this problem before. Any help?
December 31, 2012 8:44:46 PM

Is the windows installation disk inside of your drive?
December 31, 2012 8:53:27 PM

No it isn't which is the weird thing. I had a cd of the matrix in there. This has happened before, but it was due to me messing around with the SATA cables. I haven't touched them since then.
Related resources
a c 209 $ Windows 7
December 31, 2012 8:59:31 PM

Quote:
I turned off my desktop computer using the power switch on the top

You didn't do the windows shut down?
December 31, 2012 9:08:03 PM

No, I guess not. I just used that power button on top. I was under the impression that is ok? I almost always shut my computer down like that. It hasn't given me any problems till now.
December 31, 2012 9:08:25 PM

Thanks for replying on new years eve, by the way.
a c 209 $ Windows 7
December 31, 2012 9:18:24 PM

Finish this repair and do NOT do power switch shut off again.
December 31, 2012 9:27:17 PM

ok thanks, will never do that again. Thank you. do you know how long it usually takes for it to repair it? i was using around 493GB of space.
December 31, 2012 10:01:38 PM

rgd1101 said:
Finish this repair and do NOT do power switch shut off again.
if I must go somewhere, should I just leave my computer on? I have to leave my house, would it be safe to leave it on?
December 31, 2012 10:04:06 PM

rocknrollz said:
Is the windows installation disk inside of your drive?
Actually just realised that when in the repair screen, I hadn't put the installation disc at all. It just booted into that.
December 31, 2012 11:19:52 PM

Sir Haroon said:
if I must go somewhere, should I just leave my computer on? I have to leave my house, would it be safe to leave it on?

I would only press the power button when you're turning the PC on, and use start>shut down to shut it off, no reason to have it on all day really if you're not going to use it.
a b $ Windows 7
January 1, 2013 12:02:37 AM

You can also use Standby or Sleep mode if you want to be able to go back to the computer and pick back up with what you were doing before you left. :) 
January 1, 2013 2:02:53 AM

SO the recovery process is over, and it said it was successful. Then I restarted computer, tried to boot normally, and it said windows cannot start. Thus I ran the startup repair again, and it now says it cannot fix the problem because of a corrupt registry.
!