You lust for blood!

Hi, all -

This question ought to cement my "eternal newbie" status - I'm sure it's
been answered before, but I cannot find any reference to it in the GB.

I have a relatively new level 3 troll healer who has undertaken the Ironman
(Ironwoman?) challenge... she's currently on I3. Every time she strikes at
a monster, the message "You lust for blood!" is generated. This isn't a
random flavor message; it happens every time. Tactics are set to Berserk,
but I've played PCs set to Berserk many times and never seen this message
before.

I thought perhaps she was wearing or carrying some cursed item (i.e. "foo
of rage" or something along those lines), but all she has equipped is a
heavy club, 17 arrows (no bow), and a stethoscope. In her pack isn't much
more... some gold, a few random bits of armor, a scalpel, a pair of leather
boots and 18 assorted rocks. None of this stuff seems even remotely
noteworthy, and remember, this is a very low level character who hasn't had
much time to accumulate powerful items yet, good or bad.

Any idea what is going on here? Should this be mentioned in the GB
somewhere? Or is it, and I just missed it?

-- Jeff
-- aka The Eternal Newbie :)

If it's true that our species is alone in the Universe,
then I'd have to say that the Universe aimed rather low
and settled for very little. -- Unknown (George Carlin?)

You're naked; not wearing any clothes. This combined with berserk
tactics is known as fighting as a "True Berserker". This is important
for some (Barbarian is it?) class powers, as well as some cookie
message I believe.

> You're naked; not wearing any clothes. This combined with berserk
> tactics is known as fighting as a "True Berserker". This is important
> for some (Barbarian is it?) class powers, as well as some cookie
> message I believe.

Oh dear, I apoligize for not quoting the original. I use google groups,
and they've gone and changed everything all new fangled, still trying
to figure it out...

Sorry :(

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 06:08:52 GMT, The Beerslayer
<beerslayer2000@NO.yahoo.SPAM.com> tried to confuse everyone with this
message:

>Hi, all -
>
>This question ought to cement my "eternal newbie" status - I'm sure it's
>been answered before, but I cannot find any reference to it in the GB.
>
>I have a relatively new level 3 troll healer who has undertaken the Ironman
>(Ironwoman?) challenge... she's currently on I3. Every time she strikes at
>a monster, the message "You lust for blood!" is generated. This isn't a
>random flavor message; it happens every time. Tactics are set to Berserk,
>but I've played PCs set to Berserk many times and never seen this message
>before.

That message appears when you are in True Berserk mode. You have to be
fighting "nude" or wearing an armor "of rage". Be careful: the game
doesn't ask whether you want to attack a neutral NPC when you're true
berserking so you can kill someone accidentally.

--
|a\o/r|,-------------.,---------- Timofei Shatrov aka Grue ------------.
| m"a ||FC AMKAR PERM|| mail: grue at mail.ru http://grue3.tripod.com |
| k || PWNZ J00 || KoL:Grue3 NationStates:Holypunkeye |