Why wont my internet work?

makavelijm

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
hi, i recently installed windows 7 64bit on my system
when ever i boot up my pc or awake it from sleep mode i am no longer conneced to the internet.

the only way i can get back online is to got to dvice manager> network adapter > Marvell yukon 88e8065 gigabit ethernet controler > right click propeties > advanced > ipv4 checksum offloadand change the value from "tx and rx enabled" to "disabled"
if that doesnt work the first time i have to keep switching the values back and forth untill it reconnects.

WHY is this happening?? i never had this issue with vista 32 bit.
i have tryed to disable the power saving option aswel.l ive scanned the internet forums high and low for a solution but still nothing.

i have a DESKTOP pc.

specs as below:

intel i7 920
ASUS p6t v2 motherboard
ddr3 ocz 1866
Marvell yukon 88e8065 gigabit ethernet controler (intregrated on motherboard)

if you guys can help me out i would be extremely gratefull, i have to do this everytime i want to use the computer.

Kind regards

tank

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
Please make sure all of you drivers are up to date. As always this is normally the problem. After that have you troubleshoot your internet, could be a DNS problem. Let me know thanks

makavelijm

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
thanks for your reply
ihave manually updated my drivers from the asus website, and i have also downloaded the drivers from the marvell yukon website ,both didnt help.

if it is something to do with my domain name system how do i go about fixing this?

Well I don't know about "your internet" since the rest of us are using "the internet" :D. Now about your "internet connection" you seem to be having a driver problem. Check the Asus website to see if anyone else has this issue or you can contact their support. Check the BIOS updates for your board to see if there is anything to address this issue or if there are driver updates to deal with it.

cassandraf_winteam

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
If you are still not able to connect to the internet, your network adapters might not be working correctly, or your computer might not have a unique IP address. Try using the Windows 7 Internet Troubleshooter to find the root of the problem.

Follow these steps to do so:

Click the Start button > and then click Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Network and Internet, click Connect to the Internet.

Here is more on the subject - http://bit.ly/9Nq4hH.

Hope this helps!
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach

makavelijm

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
hey i spoke to asus support about this problem basicly they told me to 1. scan for a virus, 2. delete any recently installed software. 3. reinstall windows 7 and lasty 4. if that didnt work find a different os cd.

i was really hoping for something better than that.

do any of you guys think you can provide better support than this?