Solved

Bios change from raid to non raid on dell xps435

Hello,
I had one hard drive failed(640gb). I bought replacement and tried to restore image but it failed. Then I wanted to convert to non raid system. I changed both drives(640gb) to non raid and bios change in advance setup. I am getting error when I try to reinstall win 7, "setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the setup log files for more information". I have deleted old partition many times but win 7 setup on this dell xps435 desktop won't install windows. Any suggestions
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about bios change raid raid dell xps435
  1. Best answer
    What type of configuration were they configured in previous to this?

RAID 0/1/5/5+5?

Also, are you booting to the Windows 7 CD to do the reinstall?

Are you sure the model # is XPS 435? I'm looking on their support site and there is no such model.

Nevermind. Found it HERE
  2. It was raid 0. I am using win7 ultimate DVD for reinstallation. I was able to install win 7 before and PC didn't boot after I downloaded new updates for win 7. I decided reinstall again.
  3. What type of configuration were they configured in previous to this?

RAID 0/1/5/5+5?

Also, are you booting to the Windows 7 CD to do the reinstall?

Are you sure the model # is XPS 435? I'm looking on their support site and there is no such model.

Nevermind. Found it HERE
    I fixed the issue which is explained in my other thread. Thanks for all your help.
  4. Best answer selected by mnadeem71.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration NAS / RAID Partition Hard Drives BIOS Windows 7