Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Bug - "Moloch" Kobold Chieftans?!?!

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 12, 2005 12:38:17 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

Ran into a tension room of Kobold Chieftans. Exp: 12, D: 7, killed 8
Chieftans so far.

Trying to melee the Chieftans with an uncursed stone spear of
devastation (+0, 5d8+6) I get:

You hit the kobold chieftan and do not manage to harm him.

Tactics normal, St:16, nothing unusual equipped, other monsters dying
normally, tried an eternium scimitar as well.
Save available by email for interested parties.
January 12, 2005 12:43:34 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

Update:

They go down to "penetrating" ammo.

After ages I managed a single 'slightly wound' attack. However, the
monster memory still shows "the maximum PV encountered was 6".
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 2:00:06 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

KevinO wrote:
> Ran into a tension room of Kobold Chieftans. Exp: 12, D: 7, killed 8
> Chieftans so far.
>
> Trying to melee the Chieftans with an uncursed stone spear of
> devastation (+0, 5d8+6) I get:
>
> You hit the kobold chieftan and do not manage to harm him.
>
> Tactics normal, St:16, nothing unusual equipped, other monsters dying
> normally, tried an eternium scimitar as well.
> Save available by email for interested parties.
You didn't happen to wander into a room with bugs everywhere, did you?
January 12, 2005 8:27:46 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

Ah-HA!

I never knew this. Is this a recent discovery?
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 12:35:41 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

Sean Mattox wrote:
> KevinO wrote:
>
>>Ran into a tension room of Kobold Chieftans. Exp: 12, D: 7, killed 8
>>Chieftans so far.
>>
>>Trying to melee the Chieftans with an uncursed stone spear of
>>devastation (+0, 5d8+6) I get:
>>
>>You hit the kobold chieftan and do not manage to harm him.
>>
>>Tactics normal, St:16, nothing unusual equipped, other monsters dying
>>normally, tried an eternium scimitar as well.
>>Save available by email for interested parties.
>
> You didn't happen to wander into a room with bugs everywhere, did you?

And just to be clear, he doesn't mean bugs like claw bugs or their
bigger brothers. There is a special room effect, with the following
description when entered:

"This room seems to vibrate with life. Insects are crawling everywhere,
strange mushrooms cover the walls and moss is growing at the ceiling."

Whilst anything is in this room, it's protection value is increased
by a huge amount.
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 1:23:28 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

KevinO wrote:
> Ran into a tension room of Kobold Chieftans. Exp: 12, D: 7, killed 8
> Chieftans so far.
>
> Trying to melee the Chieftans with an uncursed stone spear of
> devastation (+0, 5d8+6) I get:
>
> You hit the kobold chieftan and do not manage to harm him.
>
> Tactics normal, St:16, nothing unusual equipped, other monsters dying
> normally, tried an eternium scimitar as well.
> Save available by email for interested parties.

Sounds like you've been fighting the chieftain in a special room. If you
rememember where you fought that fight, go back to that room and see if
you get any special message upon entering it.

Malte
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 6:59:35 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

KevinO wrote:
> Ah-HA!
>
> I never knew this. Is this a recent discovery?

Not really :-), here's a reference from 1999:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.roguelike...

"(Note - the effect of this is evident - it's a sort of a sanctuarium.)"

Malte
!