Bug - "Moloch" Kobold Chieftans?!?!

Ran into a tension room of Kobold Chieftans. Exp: 12, D: 7, killed 8
Chieftans so far.

Trying to melee the Chieftans with an uncursed stone spear of
devastation (+0, 5d8+6) I get:

You hit the kobold chieftan and do not manage to harm him.

Tactics normal, St:16, nothing unusual equipped, other monsters dying
normally, tried an eternium scimitar as well.
Save available by email for interested parties.
6 answers Last reply
More about moloch kobold chieftans
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

    Update:

    They go down to "penetrating" ammo.

    After ages I managed a single 'slightly wound' attack. However, the
    monster memory still shows "the maximum PV encountered was 6".
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

    KevinO wrote:
    > Ran into a tension room of Kobold Chieftans. Exp: 12, D: 7, killed 8
    > Chieftans so far.
    >
    > Trying to melee the Chieftans with an uncursed stone spear of
    > devastation (+0, 5d8+6) I get:
    >
    > You hit the kobold chieftan and do not manage to harm him.
    >
    > Tactics normal, St:16, nothing unusual equipped, other monsters dying
    > normally, tried an eternium scimitar as well.
    > Save available by email for interested parties.
    You didn't happen to wander into a room with bugs everywhere, did you?
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

    Ah-HA!

    I never knew this. Is this a recent discovery?
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

    Sean Mattox wrote:
    > KevinO wrote:
    >
    >>Ran into a tension room of Kobold Chieftans. Exp: 12, D: 7, killed 8
    >>Chieftans so far.
    >>
    >>Trying to melee the Chieftans with an uncursed stone spear of
    >>devastation (+0, 5d8+6) I get:
    >>
    >>You hit the kobold chieftan and do not manage to harm him.
    >>
    >>Tactics normal, St:16, nothing unusual equipped, other monsters dying
    >>normally, tried an eternium scimitar as well.
    >>Save available by email for interested parties.
    >
    > You didn't happen to wander into a room with bugs everywhere, did you?

    And just to be clear, he doesn't mean bugs like claw bugs or their
    bigger brothers. There is a special room effect, with the following
    description when entered:

    "This room seems to vibrate with life. Insects are crawling everywhere,
    strange mushrooms cover the walls and moss is growing at the ceiling."

    Whilst anything is in this room, it's protection value is increased
    by a huge amount.
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

    KevinO wrote:
    > Ran into a tension room of Kobold Chieftans. Exp: 12, D: 7, killed 8
    > Chieftans so far.
    >
    > Trying to melee the Chieftans with an uncursed stone spear of
    > devastation (+0, 5d8+6) I get:
    >
    > You hit the kobold chieftan and do not manage to harm him.
    >
    > Tactics normal, St:16, nothing unusual equipped, other monsters dying
    > normally, tried an eternium scimitar as well.
    > Save available by email for interested parties.

    Sounds like you've been fighting the chieftain in a special room. If you
    rememember where you fought that fight, go back to that room and see if
    you get any special message upon entering it.

    Malte
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

    KevinO wrote:
    > Ah-HA!
    >
    > I never knew this. Is this a recent discovery?

    Not really :-), here's a reference from 1999:
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.roguelike.adom/msg/b58fe7444a54fe4d

    "(Note - the effect of this is evident - it's a sort of a sanctuarium.)"

    Malte

Games Bug Video Games