Wireless (MN-500, MN-520) and XP Home Ser. Pk. 2

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

After upgrading XP Home with Service Pack 2, my wireless
network no longer works. It states I have the wrong
security key code entered, even when I remove the
security code from the router. Any ideas on how to fix
this????

I have the same problem

joker

Stop using the BNU (Broadband Network Utility) to configure wireless
connections on Windows XP computers. While you are at it you might as
well uninstall the BNU on all wired & Windows XP computers as those
computers don't even need it.

Greg wrote:

> After upgrading XP Home with Service Pack 2, my wireless
> network no longer works. It states I have the wrong
> security key code entered, even when I remove the
> security code from the router. Any ideas on how to fix
> this????

assistance.

time.

After installing SP2 on my XP, my MS Wireless still worked
but I kept getting a window that stated it had a
compatibity issue with this version of Windows and
referred me to the MS Wireless Website:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/BroadbandNetworking/AutoU
pdate2/CheckUpdates.asp There you need to download and
install the update containing the Broadband Network
Utility, USB Adapter MN-510 Drive, Base Station MN-500
Bootware, and the Base Station MN-500 Runtime
Firmware......Use "Open" rather than "Save" when prompted
in the File Download. You have a problem getting the
Network Utility to update properly like me......my icon on
my Taskbar disappeared and I couldn't bring it up in the
Start menu. So, I had to then download the MS Broadband
Setup software from the MS Broadband Website.....couldn't
use my CD because my computer had a later version
installed. I installed the software as if I were
installing a USB Adapter for the first time. Now my
wireless network works perfect with XP Pro SP2. "Where
there's a will, there's way"! Tom