Wireless (MN-500, MN-520) and XP Home Ser. Pk. 2

After upgrading XP Home with Service Pack 2, my wireless
network no longer works. It states I have the wrong
security key code entered, even when I remove the
security code from the router. Any ideas on how to fix
this????
3 answers Last reply
More about wireless home

    I have the same problem

    Stop using the BNU (Broadband Network Utility) to configure wireless
    connections on Windows XP computers. While you are at it you might as
    well uninstall the BNU on all wired & Windows XP computers as those
    computers don't even need it.

    Greg wrote:

    > After upgrading XP Home with Service Pack 2, my wireless
    > network no longer works. It states I have the wrong
    > security key code entered, even when I remove the
    > security code from the router. Any ideas on how to fix
    > this????

    assistance.

    time.

    After installing SP2 on my XP, my MS Wireless still worked
    but I kept getting a window that stated it had a
    compatibity issue with this version of Windows and
    referred me to the MS Wireless Website:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/BroadbandNetworking/AutoU
    pdate2/CheckUpdates.asp There you need to download and
    install the update containing the Broadband Network
    Utility, USB Adapter MN-510 Drive, Base Station MN-500
    Bootware, and the Base Station MN-500 Runtime
    Firmware......Use "Open" rather than "Save" when prompted
    in the File Download. You have a problem getting the
    Network Utility to update properly like me......my icon on
    my Taskbar disappeared and I couldn't bring it up in the
    Start menu. So, I had to then download the MS Broadband
    Setup software from the MS Broadband Website.....couldn't
    use my CD because my computer had a later version
    installed. I installed the software as if I were
    installing a USB Adapter for the first time. Now my
    wireless network works perfect with XP Pro SP2. "Where
    there's a will, there's way"! Tom

Routers Wireless Security Windows XP Networking