YAFM: You never liked him anyways.

Message received by a recent PC during exploration of I5:

<quote>
The gnoll attacks Pettigrew, the giant rat. Pettigrew, the giant rat, is
killed! You laugh at the sight of your friend's death! You never liked
Pettigrew, the giant rat, anyways.
</quote>

I've never seen that last sentence before. Is it just flavor, or was it triggered by some condition?

-- Jeff
-- aka The Eternal Newbie :)

If you always stop to smell the roses, sooner or later
you'll inhale a bee. -- Unknown
More about yafm anyways
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

    The Beerslayer wrote:
    > Message received by a recent PC during exploration of I5:
    >
    > "The gnoll attacks Pettigrew, the giant rat. Pettigrew, the
    > giant rat, is killed! You laugh at the sight of your friend's death!
    > You never liked Pettigrew, the giant rat, anyways."
    >
    > I've never seen that last sentence before. Is it just flavor, or was
    > it triggered by some condition?

    Hehe yeah, I saw some varying messages (including that one) in the code
    when I was looking through that section. They have no effect - just for
    flavor. The first part of the message is uncommen enough, but the 'you
    never liked' part is only added to it 1/10 of the time! To get this
    message, you need to be chaotic (of course) and have either learning
    less than 10 or willpower greater than 30.

    Some other funny ones:

    You are mildlly annoyed by the destruction of %s. (minor typo oh no!)
    You are disappointed by death of your loyal slave. You always knew it
    was too weak to survive!
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

    The Beerslayer wrote:

    > Message received by a recent PC during exploration of I5:
    >
    > <quote>
    > The gnoll attacks Pettigrew, the giant rat. Pettigrew, the giant rat, is
    > killed! You laugh at the sight of your friend's death! You never liked
    > Pettigrew, the giant rat, anyways.
    > </quote>
    >
    > I've never seen that last sentence before. Is it just flavor, or was it triggered by some condition?

    Were you chaotic by any chance? There are "flavour" messages when a pet
    dies now. IIRC there are some about "you remember that everything has a
    time to pass on" or "you are saddened by the loss of your friend".

Games Intel i5 Video Games