Sign in with
Your question

[HELP] My USB Mouse randomly turn on and off

Last response: in Windows 7
January 1, 2013 3:14:45 AM

I'm using a Lenovo ideapad y580 with windows 7 home basic along with a Steelseries Sensei RAW, and for the first month it ran smoothly without any problems. But after taking my laptop to travel, when i got back and plugged in my mouse, my mouse will work for a few minutes, then suddenly lose power. After a few seconds, it will power up again. Due to this, i have googled for 2 or 3 days, trying to search for a fix. Initially i thought it has something to do with the power management, and i disabled the option where they disable the usb device to save power on all the power plans, but to no avail. I've also tried uninstalling the driver and re installing it, as well as test my mouse out on another computer, and the mouse has no problem on another computer. When the mouse loses power, the other usb devices plugged into my laptop is unaffected, and only my mouse loses power. This happens on both my 2 USB 3.0 ports as well as USB 2.0 port. I should mention that my laptop has trouble configuring windows updates recently, after installing, on startup, it says 'failure to configure windows update" I'm not sure whether this is the source of the problem, but i reckon it's worth mentioning.

Here the image of the device manager:
without problem
http://s14.postimage.org/sk9156ipd/normal.png

when mouse fails
http://s2.postimage.org/sv26ana9l/problem.png

Hope someone can help my figure out the problem, because i'm getting desperate. =/
January 10, 2013 5:53:25 PM

yeah me too.
I built a asus z77deluxe with a 3570k i5, 3tb sata6.0 hdd, 16gb approved ram, 1000w bronze certified power supply, and 2 msi 570gtx vc. about a month after the build my problem started.
My 2.0 usb ports randomly reset, (i dont have anything 3.0, so i dont know if they do it or not) at eveything between complete idle and heavy load, even in the middle of using them. I only have a keyboard and mouse plugged in. I have a new mouse and it happens if i have nothing, both plugged in or just either 1 alone. I tried deleting and reinstalling all drivers for the usbs in the device manager. Ive also set the power options to not turn anything off in the power managment menu and also individually in the device manager. I even reformatted the hdd and reinstalled both vista then again with 7 and it did it in both. I downloaded all the latest drivers with the 7 install and updated the bios. Legacy is on in the bios also. the pc makes the noises like i unplugged then plugged a usb device in when it happens and it the device manager is open it flashes like it was refreshed. any suggestions would be very welcome. I may have forgot something else i tried ive been trying to figure it out for about 3 months now. thanks in advance. ive seen this problem going back as far as xp.
m
l
!