Building a sytem with an Athlon...

G

I wanted to know which sound card I should go with (that hasn't had any known problems with AMD) that has a digital output so that I can send to my Dolby Digital receiver to be decoded and also has inputs and such. Another main question is, even if i don't have a card that does Decoding in the card are the ones wiht digital outputs acceptable to send the signal to a dolby digital receiver to be decoded? does that work?

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
The SoundBlaster LIVE! Cards are definately the best. Look for the MP3+ if your into that kinda thing, or if you want gaming get the X-GAMER or if you want super stuff (like midi interfaces, etc.) get the Platinum.

G

Anyone? All I want to be able to do is send the digital signal from the computer to the Dolby Digital receiver, I don't care if the card has built in DD decoding.

G

SoundBlaster Live is probably the way to go. I have a t-bird and I just got the SB Live Value, no problems but it doesn't support DD5.1. The x-gamer and mp3+ both support dd5.1. The only difference is the software they come with and I have heard the mp3+ software is crap.

G

I know the Live series are all the same internals just different software packages (Platinum comes with Live!Drive) but the question still remains, if I get a card with the digital output (optical or coaxial) can I put that output in a DD Receiver and have it decode the information for me, that is the question.