In some YASD/YAVP people talk about wish engines. What is a wish
engine, and how do you make one?

Thank you.

The Programdude wrote:
> Spoiler Space
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> In some YASD/YAVP people talk about wish engines. What is a wish
> engine, and how do you make one?

Basically, a wish engine is when you have unlimited wishes at your
disposal (i.e., you can get just about anything you want). There are 2
methods of achieving a wish engine: You can either use the spell wish
(you need to be able to bookcast it effectively, which can be done it a
few different ways) or you can use potions of exchange to create rings
of djinn summoning (then keep wishing for more rings, potions of
exchange, and occasionally some water).

Search Google groups for 'wish engine' to find more specific
information... I know extensive study has been done for the ring
exchange engine in particular, probably the other too.

From: Twinge homelesspete@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 21:35:31

>I know extensive study has been done for the ring
>exchange engine in particular, probably the other too.

I seem to recall some minor research into wand-based wish engines too, although
I'm not sure if it was in the newsgroup or not. Outlook's pretty poor, though,
as I don't think wands polypile.