[YAGBU] Walking through [spoilers] can be dangerous

Press PgDn to read spoilers

L4 hurthling archer born on Candle at D3:

--
You are stuck in the webs! (x2)
You are stuck in the webs! Hundreds of tiny spiders suddenly swarm all over

Results in poisoning.

Haven't found it in the GB.

MadDog

Distinguished
May 9, 2004

Alex Bolenok wrote:
> Press PgDn to read spoilers

> L4 hurthling archer born on Candle at D3:
>
> --
> You are stuck in the webs! (x2)
> You are stuck in the webs!
> Hundreds of tiny spiders suddenly swarm all over you.
> You are bitten dozens of times!
> --
>
> Results in poisoning.
>
> Haven't found it in the GB.

Nor have I. If the character is a Dark Elf you get the
message "You greet your tiny friends with joy!" (or
something like that) instead of "You are bitten dozens of
times!" and no poisoning.

maddog@dsr.kvl.dk wrote:
> Alex Bolenok wrote:
>
>>Press PgDn to read spoilers

>>L4 hurthling archer born on Candle at D3:
>>
>>--
>>You are stuck in the webs! (x2)
>>You are stuck in the webs!
>>Hundreds of tiny spiders suddenly swarm all over you.
>>You are bitten dozens of times!
>>--
>>
>>Results in poisoning.
>>
>>Haven't found it in the GB.
>

> Nor have I. If the character is a Dark Elf you get the
> message "You greet your tiny friends with joy!" (or
> something like that) instead of "You are bitten dozens of
> times!" and no poisoning.

Indeed, that's one of the more unique ways to die. I don't recall the
exact chances (or if I ever saw them) but the message is pretty rare.
Also, busting down webs trains strength a little bit if your strength is
less than 15.

Twinge <homelesspete@gmail.com> wrote:
> maddog@dsr.kvl.dk wrote:
> > Alex Bolenok wrote:
> >
> >>Press PgDn to read spoilers

> >>L4 hurthling archer born on Candle at D3:
> >>
> >>--
> >>You are stuck in the webs! (x2)
> >>You are stuck in the webs!
> >>Hundreds of tiny spiders suddenly swarm all over you.
> >>You are bitten dozens of times!
> >>--
> >>
> >>Results in poisoning.
> >>
> >>Haven't found it in the GB.
> >

> > Nor have I. If the character is a Dark Elf you get the
> > message "You greet your tiny friends with joy!" (or
> > something like that) instead of "You are bitten dozens of
> > times!" and no poisoning.

> Indeed, that's one of the more unique ways to die. I don't recall the
> exact chances (or if I ever saw them) but the message is pretty rare.

It seems to never occur if you are resistant to poison.

brojek.

Przemyslaw Brojewski wrote:
> Twinge <homelesspete@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>maddog@dsr.kvl.dk wrote:

>>>Nor have I. If the character is a Dark Elf you get the
>>>message "You greet your tiny friends with joy!" (or
>>>something like that) instead of "You are bitten dozens of
>>>times!" and no poisoning.
>

>>Indeed, that's one of the more unique ways to die. I don't recall the
>>exact chances (or if I ever saw them) but the message is pretty rare.
>

> It seems to never occur if you are resistant to poison.

I've seen it occur while resistant to poison; there's just never any
poisoning (the dozens of bites). I don't think the bites always occur if
you don't have resistance, as well.

--
Curry Bucket's Controversial Web Presence:
The Birthplace of Teenage Angst

"Josh Singh" <jGoOsh.AsWiAnYgh@gmail.comikaze> a écrit dans le message de
news: O6SdnZukoNE22G3cRVn-1w@rogers.com...
> Przemyslaw Brojewski wrote:
>> Twinge <homelesspete@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Indeed, that's one of the more unique ways to die. I don't recall the
>>>exact chances (or if I ever saw them) but the message is pretty rare.
>>

>> It seems to never occur if you are resistant to poison.
>
> I've seen it occur while resistant to poison; there's just never any
> poisoning (the dozens of bites). I don't think the bites always occur if
> you don't have resistance, as well.

Seems dooming or cursing are related too... I had it a lot while Cursed
and/or Doomed... Almost never while not...

respectfully
titi-bolt

pascal stephanie le couple terrible wrote:
> "Josh Singh" <jGoOsh.AsWiAnYgh@gmail.comikaze> a écrit dans le message de
> news: O6SdnZukoNE22G3cRVn-1w@rogers.com...

Very slightly spoily.
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

>>> It seems to never occur if you are resistant to poison.
>>
>> I've seen it occur while resistant to poison; there's just never
>> any poisoning (the dozens of bites). I don't think the bites always
>> occur if you don't have resistance, as well.
>
> Seems dooming or cursing are related too... I had it a lot while
> Cursed and/or Doomed... Almost never while not...

Indeed they are.

Here's the whole sub:

1/100 chance to Have tiny spiders.
If Cursed, an additional 1/30 chance to have tiny spiders.
If Doomed, an additional whopping 1/5 chance for the tiny buggers.

The messages varies slightly if you're blind...
Dark elves welcome the spiders, no further effect.
Not further effect if poison resistant or Lvl40+ Assassin (Poison
Immune; I don't think thomas ever made an actual poison immune
intrinsic, since I keep seeing these checks ;)
Otherwise, you get a pretty weak poisoning - 1Damage, 10Frequency (1
damage every 10 turns) and take 1 damage.

If you manage to kill yourself this way: "(PCName) was eaten alive by a
spider swarm."

Twinge wrote:
> pascal stephanie le couple terrible wrote:
>
>> "Josh Singh" <jGoOsh.AsWiAnYgh@gmail.comikaze> a écrit dans le message
>> de news: O6SdnZukoNE22G3cRVn-1w@rogers.com...

> Very slightly spoily.
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .

>>> I've seen it occur while resistant to poison; there's just never
>>> any poisoning (the dozens of bites). I don't think the bites always
>>> occur if you don't have resistance, as well.
>>

>> Seems dooming or cursing are related too... I had it a lot while
>> Cursed and/or Doomed... Almost never while not...
>

> Indeed they are.
>
> Here's the whole sub:
>
> 1/100 chance to Have tiny spiders.
> If Cursed, an additional 1/30 chance to have tiny spiders.
> If Doomed, an additional whopping 1/5 chance for the tiny buggers.
>
> The messages varies slightly if you're blind...
> Dark elves welcome the spiders, no further effect.
> Not further effect if poison resistant or Lvl40+ Assassin (Poison
> Immune; I don't think thomas ever made an actual poison immune
> intrinsic, since I keep seeing these checks ;)
> Otherwise, you get a pretty weak poisoning - 1Damage, 10Frequency (1
> damage every 10 turns) and take 1 damage.
>
> If you manage to kill yourself this way: "(PCName) was eaten alive by a
> spider swarm."

D'oh, hate to double post, but I managed to forget something: even if
you're not poison resistant you have a 1/2 chance to not get
poisoned/take 1 damage.