odd... any code divers with too much time?

not spoily.

no, not.

definitely no spoiler space necessary.

you can stop spacing now...

honestly.

ok. enough...

say.... if ANY room has ALWAYS an odd number of rows and cols, (ah,
save from that little glitches every now and then), that means there
is ALWAYS a middle tile! and if you remember, the middle of a small,
early island is special, too.
so my idea would be, could someone verify, whether the odd *TSCHUNK*
or small, scurrying rat messages hint to a special property of the
middle tile? maybe some buried treasure, or something similar.
i know that some code divers reported no effects on the character with
these messages...

no love, no coffee... life goes on.
heng
2 answers Last reply
More about code divers time
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

    On 19 Jan 2005 04:55:08 -0800, Heng wrote:

    > not spoily.
    >

    > no, not.
    >

    > definitely no spoiler space necessary.
    >

    > you can stop spacing now...
    >

    > honestly.
    >

    > ok. enough...
    >

    > say.... if ANY room has ALWAYS an odd number of rows and cols, (ah,
    > save from that little glitches every now and then), that means there
    > is ALWAYS a middle tile! and if you remember, the middle of a small,
    > early island is special, too.
    > so my idea would be, could someone verify, whether the odd *TSCHUNK*
    > or small, scurrying rat messages hint to a special property of the
    > middle tile? maybe some buried treasure, or something similar.

    Nah. It's impossible to search for something like that without reading
    the whole code, however I've never seen anything like that anywhere in
    the code (while I did notice the code responsible for that island). So
    it's a 99% "no".

    > i know that some code divers reported no effects on the character with
    > these messages...

    Here's my post on that:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=4fd23fd6.0311231708.5365d1c8%40posting.google.com

    --
    A blessed ElDeR cHaOs GoD figurine of wondrous power (25s) is lying
    here.

    AdomBot - bot, demos, sounds, cheats, and more
    http://www.geocities.com/adombot/
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

    [spoily]

    1111
    1110
    1101
    1100
    1011
    1010
    1001
    1000
    0111
    0110
    0101
    0100
    0011
    0010
    0001
    0000

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:20:11 +0200, I wrote:
    > On 19 Jan 2005 04:55:08 -0800, Heng wrote:

    >> so my idea would be, could someone verify, whether the odd *TSCHUNK*
    >> or small, scurrying rat messages hint to a special property of the
    >> middle tile? maybe some buried treasure, or something similar.
    >> i know that some code divers reported no effects on the character with
    >> these messages...
    >
    > Here's my post on that:
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=4fd23fd6.0311231708.5365d1c8%40posting.google.com

    Just to dispel any remaining rumors, I wanted to add that after the
    one-shot room effect is executed, the effect number and flag are
    cleared. This means that the game has no way to check if the room had an
    effect *after* it was executed.

    --
    A blessed ElDeR cHaOs GoD figurine of wondrous power (25s) is lying
    here.

    AdomBot - bot, demos, sounds, cheats, and more
    http://www.geocities.com/adombot/

Games Video Games