odd... any code divers with too much time?

Last response: in Video Games
January 19, 2005 7:55:08 AM

not spoily.

no, not.

definitely no spoiler space necessary.

you can stop spacing now...

honestly.

ok. enough...

say.... if ANY room has ALWAYS an odd number of rows and cols, (ah,
save from that little glitches every now and then), that means there
is ALWAYS a middle tile! and if you remember, the middle of a small,
early island is special, too.
so my idea would be, could someone verify, whether the odd *TSCHUNK*
or small, scurrying rat messages hint to a special property of the
middle tile? maybe some buried treasure, or something similar.
i know that some code divers reported no effects on the character with
these messages...

no love, no coffee... life goes on.
heng

More about : odd code divers time

Anonymous
January 19, 2005 6:20:11 PM

On 19 Jan 2005 04:55:08 -0800, Heng wrote:

> not spoily.
>

> no, not.
>

> definitely no spoiler space necessary.
>

> you can stop spacing now...
>

> honestly.
>

> ok. enough...
>

> say.... if ANY room has ALWAYS an odd number of rows and cols, (ah,
> save from that little glitches every now and then), that means there
> is ALWAYS a middle tile! and if you remember, the middle of a small,
> early island is special, too.
> so my idea would be, could someone verify, whether the odd *TSCHUNK*
> or small, scurrying rat messages hint to a special property of the
> middle tile? maybe some buried treasure, or something similar.

Nah. It's impossible to search for something like that without reading
the whole code, however I've never seen anything like that anywhere in
the code (while I did notice the code responsible for that island). So
it's a 99% "no".

> i know that some code divers reported no effects on the character with
> these messages...

Here's my post on that:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=4fd23fd6.031123170...

--
A blessed ElDeR cHaOs GoD figurine of wondrous power (25s) is lying
here.

AdomBot - bot, demos, sounds, cheats, and more
http://www.geocities.com/adombot/
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 6:28:35 PM

[spoily]

1111
1110
1101
1100
1011
1010
1001
1000
0111
0110
0101
0100
0011
0010
0001
0000

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:20:11 +0200, I wrote:
> On 19 Jan 2005 04:55:08 -0800, Heng wrote:

>> so my idea would be, could someone verify, whether the odd *TSCHUNK*
>> or small, scurrying rat messages hint to a special property of the
>> middle tile? maybe some buried treasure, or something similar.
>> i know that some code divers reported no effects on the character with
>> these messages...
>
> Here's my post on that:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=4fd23fd6.031123170...

Just to dispel any remaining rumors, I wanted to add that after the
one-shot room effect is executed, the effect number and flag are
cleared. This means that the game has no way to check if the room had an
effect *after* it was executed.

--

!