solution to sharing

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

I guess i'm the only moron out there that doesn't know
that you have to turn off all but the router firewall in
order to get this to work. It only took me 9 hours to
figure this out and reading through 47 pages of posts. I
hope this helps someone out. i didn't know this, but
apparently i had 3 different firewalls set up on each
computer. i'm not sure if multiple firewalls add more
security, but i'm going to see which ones i can leave on
and still have it work.

joker

Use only a maximum of one software firewall. More is not better it is
just harder to deal with.

Tony wrote:

> I guess i'm the only moron out there that doesn't know
> that you have to turn off all but the router firewall in
> order to get this to work. It only took me 9 hours to
> figure this out and reading through 47 pages of posts. I
> hope this helps someone out. i didn't know this, but
> apparently i had 3 different firewalls set up on each
> computer. i'm not sure if multiple firewalls add more
> security, but i'm going to see which ones i can leave on
> and still have it work.

assistance.

time.