Sign in with
Your question

Some questions regarding my laptop

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
November 8, 2010 11:51:20 PM

Hi I've got a couple of question and am probably going to sound completely clueless mainly because i am :) 

Ok I have a samsung laptop that I got from Korea about 2 years ago and it says sens R60 plus. However I cannot find any info about this laptop on google and wanted to ask some laptop techies to help me. I've been playing the game Starcraft 2 (yes that one) and have been experiencing some fps drops with multiple units and such and I am wondering what is the cause of that and if there is a way that I could upgrade the hardware such as the graphics card instead of buying a new desktop.

The specs as far as i know are..
CPU Intel core 2 duo 2 ghz
Ram 2gb
GPU Mobility Radeon HD 2400

I will try to look for more info on specs if needed
and thanks in advance

More about : questions laptop

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 9, 2010 4:39:56 AM

Dude this is to be expected and the answer why is very simple: The GPU sucks! Didn't you check the minimum specs for SC2?

Don't worry, my GPU sucks too. I had to decrease the details way down and even at that visually impaired level, the game sucked. I find it best to accept that I'm poor and I will only be part of SC2 by watching 720p videos of it through Husky or HDstarcraft on Youtube :) 

GPU cannot be upgraded on laptops, which is why you need to pay a lot of attention to this particular section next time you buy a laptop. Put the GPU model in www.notebookcheck.net and scroll at the bottom of the page to see how many frame-per-second you get for a top game (e.g. SC2).
November 9, 2010 4:45:36 AM

Is there a way that I can replace my graphics card on the aforementioned laptop? I do not mind a graphics card that will play it on the lowest settings as long as there are no fps issues on those settings. In fact I'd much rather prefer to play the game on the lowest settings as I play competitively
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 9, 2010 4:55:18 AM

Umm as i said, u can't replace GPU in laptops (do a search on Samsung laptops). Before starting the game, try freeing as much resources for the game. Turn off internet. Shutdown your anti-virus/firewall. Within the game, set graphic to "low." Am not sure if it will improve things...
!