How strong are monsters such as molochs and emperor liches? Also, how
strong are the uberjackals? I would like to know the HP, Speed, DV/PV,
Attack power, and any other things, like spells.
I have not played enough ADOM to find out for myself.

The Programdude wrote:
> [spoily]
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
> How strong are monsters such as molochs and emperor liches? Also, how
> strong are the uberjackals? I would like to know the HP, Speed, DV/PV,
> Attack power, and any other things, like spells.
> I have not played enough ADOM to find out for myself.

Oh boo! Finding out is half the fun!

Tips, though:

- (Greater) molochs are really, really slow. If you don't have a means
of rubbing one out, you can easily run. Demon slayers are excellent,
though. They are susceptible to acid and poison. Molochs generally have
a PV around 60; their greater cousins have about 100. Yeah, nasty stuff.
You can melee them with the appropriate weapon (penetrator or demon
slayer), but don't let them hit you; they hit hard and they corrupt.
Find a really big room, go Berserk, and whack & back: hit them on one or
two of their off-turns (yes, they're really slow) and then back up.
They'll move with you. Repeat. Just be careful, really really careful;
study their movements first. Seven-league boots are really nice here,
and so is a high weapon skill (= low attack energy cost).

- Emperor liches are nasty, nasty fellas. Once you get a hold of the
Sword of Nonnak, hang onto it; it gives resistance to death attacks and
is more quickly equipped than the ancient mummy wrapping. If you're
walking along and you encounter an emperor lich, and you aren't already
wearing a source of death ray resistance, equip the Sword (or an amulet
of death ray resistance, or bracers of resistance) and hope that it
doesn't summon anything too nasty (they can summon just about anything,
not just undead). Stay out of melee range, since they drain stats
fiercely. You should also have a means of confusion resistance. If
you're lucky, you won't have to face one of these at all in your game.
They're generally found very, very deep in the CoC (although you can get
them on DH:2 or while gravedigging).

- Uberjackals are harder to place, because they're simply ordinary
jackals gone sour. These aren't generally difficult; they're just boring
to face, because they give very little experience, first of all, and
second, they take forever to kill. Experienced jackals can easily have
well over 100 hitpoints each. The solution here: avoid killing jackals.
Avoid them like cats. If you encounter a jackalwere, kill it as quickly
as possible; bolt spells are useful here. Same goes for dark spider
summoners, necromancers, and, to a lesser degree, wererats and
werewolves (and werewolf aristocrats). Kill enough of any creature, and
they'll be a pain to take down soon enough.

Well, I've ruined the big surprises of the game for you. I feel so dirty.

--
Curry Bucket's Controversial Web Presence:
The Birthplace of Teenage Angst

raj

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

The Programdude wrote:
> [spoily]
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
> How strong are monsters such as molochs and emperor liches? Also, how
> strong are the uberjackals? I would like to know the HP, Speed,
DV/PV,
> Attack power, and any other things, like spells.
> I have not played enough ADOM to find out for myself.

As Josh mentioned earlier, there are tactics to deal with such nasties,
but if you want the real deatils, you can either play a healer* (who
starts with a blessed stethescope that gives stats of monsters when
(u)sed), or you can spoil yourself here:

(mega spoily)
http://www.geocities.com/adombot/monsterdex.html

*note: only healers can use the stethescope with a 0 speed, otherwise,
standing next to a moloch or emperor lich and wasting 1000 action
points (aka 1 turn) can be lethal.

Raj wrote:
> The Programdude wrote:
>
>>[spoily]
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>
>>How strong are monsters such as molochs and emperor liches? Also, how
>>strong are the uberjackals? I would like to know the HP, Speed,
>
> DV/PV,
>
>>Attack power, and any other things, like spells.
>>I have not played enough ADOM to find out for myself.
>

> As Josh mentioned earlier, there are tactics to deal with such nasties,
> but if you want the real deatils, you can either play a healer* (who
> starts with a blessed stethescope that gives stats of monsters when
> (u)sed), or you can spoil yourself here:
>
> (mega spoily)
> http://www.geocities.com/adombot/monsterdex.html
>
> *note: only healers can use the stethescope with a 0 speed, otherwise,
> standing next to a moloch or emperor lich and wasting 1000 action
> points (aka 1 turn) can be lethal.

You can't use a stethoscope on undead, like an emperor lich. Unlife, as
well (that's golems, statues, elementals, grues, vortices,
(g/m)argoyles... I think that's it).