Kick Damage

For a monk, how much damage will the kick do, and what are the bonuses?
Will the boots the PC wears effect the bonuses?

Spiked boots help the damage. However, it's usually better to use your
hands. Kicks are for crushing walls.

The Programdude wrote:
> For a monk, how much damage will the kick do, and what are the
> bonuses? Will the boots the PC wears effect the bonuses?

Technically spoily I guess.

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

As Higher Game netioned, Spiked Boots help kick damage, but iron boots
too. THe amount of increase is 4 for spiked boots and 1 for iron boots,
but they also get a bonus of +1 for every PV they give you.

Even with that, though, kicking is pretty weak, and even if you can do
slightly more damage with a kick it's so tedious to use for regular combat.

I failed miserably to keep a straight face when I read that
on 22 Jan 2005 20:16:39 -0800, Higher Game wrote:
> On 22 Jan 2005 The Programdude wrote:
> > For a monk, how much damage will the kick do, and what are the
> > bonuses? Will the boots the PC wears effect the bonuses?

spoily answer...

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

> Spiked boots help the damage. However, it's usually better to use your
> hands. Kicks are for crushing walls.

Hi Higher Game! Could you:
1) quote what you're replying to? That makes it easier for readers to
see the context. Don't quote more than is needed for establishing the
context, though. I've amended the snippet above to include quotation.
2) include spoiler space when giving spoilers? While it's arguable
whether it's spoily that spiked boots do more damage, the information
that monks can crush walls by kicking certainly is.

Thank you!

Léon (aka Oliphaunt)
--
"Linux is very fast.
It can do an infinite loop in about 5 seconds."

Twinge wrote:
> > .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
> As Higher Game netioned, Spiked Boots help kick damage, but iron
boots
> too. THe amount of increase is 4 for spiked boots and 1 for iron
boots,
> but they also get a bonus of +1 for every PV they give you.
>
> Even with that, though, kicking is pretty weak, and even if you can
do
> slightly more damage with a kick it's so tedious to use for regular
combat.

This makes me wonder does wearing blessed boots and kicking do extra
damage to undead and demons? It might be worth the extra keystroke to
take down that Emperor Lich/Balor.

jhornaday@juno.com wrote:
> Twinge wrote:
>
>>>.
>>
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>
>>As Higher Game netioned, Spiked Boots help kick damage, but iron
>
> boots
>
>>too. THe amount of increase is 4 for spiked boots and 1 for iron
>
> boots,
>
>>but they also get a bonus of +1 for every PV they give you.
>>
>>Even with that, though, kicking is pretty weak, and even if you can
>
> do
>
>>slightly more damage with a kick it's so tedious to use for regular
>
> combat.
>
> This makes me wonder does wearing blessed boots and kicking do extra
> damage to undead and demons? It might be worth the extra keystroke to
> take down that Emperor Lich/Balor.

Unless you're wearing blessed brass knuckles.

--
Curry Bucket's Controversial Web Presence:
The Birthplace of Teenage Angst

TRENDING THREADS