Ethernet and internet conection

Al

hi
i recently bought a 10/100 32bit ethernet card by a
company called card bus. i have installed it on a laptop
and its working fine interms of the laptop detecting it
and the driver working. It even can find an ip address
when pluged into a cable modem. However how hard i try i
cannot get webpages to load. I have studied the settings
thoughly and tried different settings but still no luck.
Anyone have any ideas how to solve this problem.

joker

Well lets look at the name of the newsgroup. It starts with "microsoft"
so that must mean we only talk about Microsoft products. Next it says
"public" so that means any person can post here. Then it says
"broadbandnet" so since this is a Microsoft newsgroup it must be talking
about the Microsoft Broadband Networking. Last but not least it says
"hardware" So that must mean it is the Microsoft hardware for networking
that we talk about.

Thus this is not a general networking newsgroup, but one for the
Microsoft Broadband networking hardware. I'd suggest either posting in
a newsgroup for the hardware you are running, a general networking
newsgroup, or one for whatever version of Windows you are running.

Al wrote:

> hi
> i recently bought a 10/100 32bit ethernet card by a
> company called card bus. i have installed it on a laptop
> and its working fine interms of the laptop detecting it
> and the driver working. It even can find an ip address
> when pluged into a cable modem. However how hard i try i
> cannot get webpages to load. I have studied the settings
> thoughly and tried different settings but still no luck.
> Anyone have any ideas how to solve this problem.

assistance.

time.