Inspiron 1100 & 7200RPM 2.5 drives...

Greetings All,

I have a Inspiron 1100 (P4 2.4GHz) with the basic 30GB HDD which is
4200RPM or at best, 5400RPM... I'm not sure which one it is right off
hand.

ANYWAY, I want to put in a bigger drive and I wonder if I could put a
7200RPM drive in it? Will the faster drive work with the Inspiron
setup? If there is no benefit in increased speed I figure I may as well
go with a even larger drive that is slower...

TIA

--
Taylor

Don't forget that the faster hdd will run much hotter and noisier than
4200rpm one.

"Just Taylor" <taylor@wilhelp.com> wrote in message
> Greetings All,
>
> I have a Inspiron 1100 (P4 2.4GHz) with the basic 30GB HDD which is
> 4200RPM or at best, 5400RPM... I'm not sure which one it is right off
> hand.
>
> ANYWAY, I want to put in a bigger drive and I wonder if I could put a
> 7200RPM drive in it? Will the faster drive work with the Inspiron
> setup? If there is no benefit in increased speed I figure I may as well
> go with a even larger drive that is slower...
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Taylor

Tonka

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003

"Just Taylor" <taylor@wilhelp.com> wrote in message
> Greetings All,
>
> I have a Inspiron 1100 (P4 2.4GHz) with the basic 30GB HDD which is
> 4200RPM or at best, 5400RPM... I'm not sure which one it is right off
> hand.
>
> ANYWAY, I want to put in a bigger drive and I wonder if I could put a
> 7200RPM drive in it? Will the faster drive work with the Inspiron
> setup? If there is no benefit in increased speed I figure I may as well
> go with a even larger drive that is slower...
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Taylor

my M60, 7200 drive, makes hardly any noise at all, in fact I have to get my
ear next to the keyboard before I can detect it.

The organic entity known as Just Taylor communicated the following:

> What I do wonder is if the Inspiron 1100 can utilize the full speed of a
> faster 7200RPM drive?

Simple answer:

Yes.

--