(lv. 16 Grey Elven Wizard)
So I really think the "afraid" mode needs some tweaking. Everyone is
probably obvious with slaves/companions running away from YOU and not
the monsters when they get hurt, but this is ridiculous:

So I got the Ogre quest from Thundarr, and decide to lead some ogres to
Dwarftown to sac. They started killing dwarves, an alarm was rung, and
waldenbrook came to school my ass.

I think the exact chain of events was caused by a female dwarf becoming
"afraid" first. Because usually they fight and I see no problem. A
female dwarf started running away and was hit by a rock, and then the
alarm was rung:

(Excerpt starts)
//
You climb upwards...
The ogre decides to follow you. The ogre decides to follow you. The ogre
decides to follow you.
There is a stair leading downwards here. You hear the holy chants of a
chorus
in the distance. The ogre misses you. The dwarf attacks the ogre. The
dwarf misses the ogre. The ogre attacks the dwarf. The dwarf is killed! The
ogre misses you.
You hear the holy chants of a chorus in the distance.
Really attack the female dwarf? [y/N]
The ogre throws a rock at you! You are hit. The female dwarf attacks the
ogre.
The female dwarf misses the ogre.
The ogre attacks the female dwarf. The ogre throws a rock at you! The attack
misses. The female dwarf suddenly seems to panic!
You hear the holy chants of a chorus in the distance.
The ogre throws a rock at the female dwarf. The female dwarf is killed! An
alarm gong is rung!
You hear the holy chants of a chorus in the distance.
You hear a thundering explosion!
The female dwarf attacks the ogre. The female dwarf misses the ogre.
The ogre attacks the female dwarf. The female dwarf attacks the ogre. The
female dwarf misses the ogre.
The ogre attacks the female dwarf. The female dwarf attacks the ogre. The
female dwarf misses the ogre.
The ogre attacks the female dwarf. The female dwarf is killed!
You hear the holy chants of a chorus in the distance. Waldenbrook, the
dwarven
shopkeeper throws a gold piece at you! The attack misses.
//
(Excerpt ends)

and what the hell was the thundering explosion anyway? =P

Oh well. Time for another dead char. Then again, I can teleport away
probably, but I didn't want to make dwarftown hostile. Its just not my
style.

I'm going to stock a savefile, but I doubt it will be useful for analysis
of this specific event.

-Yan

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:04:25 -0500, Yan Zhang wrote:

> (Spoiler space)
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> ..
> .
>
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
> (Excerpt starts)
> You hear a thundering explosion!
> (Excerpt ends)
>
> and what the hell was the thundering explosion anyway? =P

An activated door trap. Since normally there are no trapped doors in
DwarfTown, I suppose that Waldenbrook locked the door and went off
"killing thieves", and the door trap was then probably triggered by a
completely unsuspecting dwarven citizen.

Talk about comedy :)

> I'm going to stock a savefile, but I doubt it will be useful for
> analysis of this specific event.

How much game time from this event has passed?

--
A blessed ElDeR cHaOs GoD figurine of wondrous power (25s) is lying
here.

AdomBot - bot, demos, sounds, cheats, and more
http://www.geocities.com/adombot/

Vladimir Panteleev wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:04:25 -0500, Yan Zhang wrote:
>

>>(Spoiler space)
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>..
>>.
>>
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.
>>.

[snip irrelevant detail]

>>I'm going to stock a savefile, but I doubt it will be useful for
>>analysis of this specific event.
>

> How much game time from this event has passed?

I made a save file right after waldenbrook came to me with flying
gold coins of death. If the message buffer gets saved, then it will
be in there - though it is exactly what I provided in the first post.

More to the story:

Interestingly, although Waldenbrook and his dwarves don't seem to
like me very much, nobody else in dwarftown was made hostile. I proceeded
to kill Waldenbrook and his dwarves, and saccing everything at the altar
as if nothing had happened. *shrug*

-Yan