AOE Conq, can't play MSN ZONE..?

Tried everything (Think),
Installed patches,(Aoc 1.0c, No CD etc..)
can login to zone connect to game & chat etc..

As soon as host launches game... "Insert correct CD" Error..
Im sick of Shouting at it: "Its IN, you dumb lump" Starting to think i've
only hurt PC's Feelings.

Anyone got any other suggestions. Zone folks are sick of me holding up games.

--
Thanks For Any Help/Suggestions
10 answers Last reply

    Andrew wrote:
    > Tried everything (Think),
    > Installed patches,(Aoc 1.0c, No CD etc..)
    > can login to zone connect to game & chat etc..
    >
    > As soon as host launches game... "Insert correct CD" Error..
    > Im sick of Shouting at it: "Its IN, you dumb lump" Starting to think i've
    > only hurt PC's Feelings.
    >
    > Anyone got any other suggestions. Zone folks are sick of me holding up games.

    Did you try the many suggestions here?

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=228985

    --
    +Elmo_Tech
    MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

    Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address from "invalid" to
    "com" if you want to email me.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    Will Do, Ta. Will Give Feedback As soon as completed thanx for rapid
    response..!

    | Did you try the many suggestions here?
    |
    | http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=228985
    |
    | --
    | +Elmo_Tech
    | MSN® Gaming Zoneâ"¢ - Technical Support
    com" if you want to email me.
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    Sorry for Attach..(Removed)

    Taken A While But, Done everything.. Uninstalled-Re-Installed: Game &
    patches, Zone Files. Changed to PIO on CD & DVD drive(s)
    Now get error "unable to detect .... on Hard Drive" (See attach
    bmp(Removed)).
    A.

    | Did you try the many suggestions here?
    |
    | http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=228985
    |
    | --
    | +Elmo_Tech
    | MSN® Gaming Zoneâ"¢ - Technical Support
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    Andrew wrote:
    > Sorry for Attach..(Removed)
    >
    > Taken A While But, Done everything.. Uninstalled-Re-Installed: Game &
    > patches, Zone Files. Changed to PIO on CD & DVD drive(s)
    > Now get error "unable to detect .... on Hard Drive" (See attach
    > bmp(Removed)).

    Is there a specific file that can't be detected?

    --
    +Elmo_Tech
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    Error Dialog:

    Mesopotamia (Rookie): Lobby Error

    We are not able to detect Microsoft Age of Empires(TM)
    installed on your hard drive. Please install the game before
    matchmaking on the Zone.

    and that's it.

    Thanx for your time Elmo_Tech
    Andrew

    | > Taken A While But, Done everything.. Uninstalled-Re-Installed: Game &
    | > patches, Zone Files. Changed to PIO on CD & DVD drive(s)
    | > Now get error "unable to detect .... on Hard Drive" (See attach
    | > bmp(Removed)).
    |
    | Is there a specific file that can't be detected?
    |
    | --
    | +Elmo_Tech
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    Andrew wrote:
    > Error Dialog:
    >
    > Mesopotamia (Rookie): Lobby Error
    >
    > We are not able to detect Microsoft Age of Empires(TM)
    > installed on your hard drive. Please install the game before
    > matchmaking on the Zone.
    >
    > and that's it.
    >
    > Thanx for your time Elmo_Tech
    > Andrew
    >
    > | > Taken A While But, Done everything.. Uninstalled-Re-Installed: Game &
    > | > patches, Zone Files. Changed to PIO on CD & DVD drive(s)
    > | > Now get error "unable to detect .... on Hard Drive" (See attach
    > | > bmp(Removed)).
    > |
    > | Is there a specific file that can't be detected?

    The path statement could be damaged in the registry, so when the Zone
    looks for the software path, etc., it can't find it. Here's an article
    on the subject:

    "We are not able to detect <game> on your hard drive" error message when
    you try to play a game on the Zone
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q190780/

    Games Do Not Work Correctly With Limited User Account
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307091

    Age of Empires MSKB Articles
    http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&na=88&View=en-us&qu=age+of+empires

    --
    +Elmo_Tech
    MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

    Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address from "invalid" to
    "com" if you want to email me.
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    Andrew wrote:
    > Error Dialog:
    >
    > Mesopotamia (Rookie): Lobby Error
    >
    > We are not able to detect Microsoft Age of Empires(TM)
    > installed on your hard drive. Please install the game before
    > matchmaking on the Zone.
    >
    > and that's it.
    >
    > Thanx for your time Elmo_Tech
    > Andrew
    >
    > | > Taken A While But, Done everything.. Uninstalled-Re-Installed: Game &
    > | > patches, Zone Files. Changed to PIO on CD & DVD drive(s)
    > | > Now get error "unable to detect .... on Hard Drive" (See attach
    > | > bmp(Removed)).
    > |
    > | Is there a specific file that can't be detected?

    Actually, this is a better MSKB site:

    Articles About Age of Empires II
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=aoe2kingsfaq

    --
    +Elmo_Tech
    MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

    Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address from "invalid" to
    "com" if you want to email me.
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    Mesopotamia lobby is an AOE lobby, its not an AOC lobby, you are trying to play the game in the
    wrong lobby. You will keep getting this error unless you have AOE installed.

    Many times http://zone.msn.com/en/root/ageofempires.htm on the first load only shows the Age of
    Empires game rooms, you may need to refresh the page to get it to show all the game rooms.

    Not all the game rooms appear on the game page.
    http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/support2410.htm

    Age of Empires http://classic.zone.msn.com/asp/roomlist.asp?game=aofe
    Age of Empires II http://classic.zone.msn.com/asp/roomlist.asp?game=aoe2
    Age of Empires: Rise of Rome http://classic.zone.msn.com/asp/roomlist.asp?game=aeep
    Age of Empires II: The Conquerors http://classic.zone.msn.com/asp/roomlist.asp?game=a2xp

    Try one of the AOC lobbies and see if you still get the error.

    --
    +Darken_Trooper Tuesday, September 13, 2005 7:16 PM
    Humor is an affirmation of dignity, a declaration of man's superiority to all that befalls him.

    Tired of OE's messy quoting? Try this automated fix!

    > "Andrew" <NoToSPAM@home> wrote:
    >
    > Error Dialog:
    >
    > Mesopotamia (Rookie): Lobby Error
    >
    > We are not able to detect Microsoft Age of Empires(TM)
    > installed on your hard drive. Please install the game before
    > matchmaking on the Zone.
    >
    > and that's it.
    >
    > Thanx for your time Elmo_Tech
    > Andrew
    >
    >>> Taken A While But, Done everything.. Uninstalled-Re-Installed: Game
    >>> & patches, Zone Files. Changed to PIO on CD & DVD drive(s)
    >>> Now get error "unable to detect .... on Hard Drive" (See attach
    >>> bmp(Removed)).
    >>
    >> Is there a specific file that can't be detected?
    >>
    >> --
    >> +Elmo_Tech
  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    Thanks Darken, I used the link in the game(Which then exits AOE:conquerors,
    And starts up the zone page),
    but it takes me to AOE, just presumed since got both AOE:Age of Kings &
    AOE:Conquerors, zone would let me run either.

    Thanx again, will investigate further and give feedback.

    "+Darken_Trooper" <darken_trooper@bounce.prodigy.net> wrote in message
    | Mesopotamia lobby is an AOE lobby, its not an AOC lobby, you are trying to
    play the game in the
    | wrong lobby. You will keep getting this error unless you have AOE
    installed.

    | Many times http://zone.msn.com/en/root/ageofempires.htm on the first load
    only shows the Age of
    | Empires game rooms, you may need to refresh the page to get it to show all
    the game rooms.

    | Not all the game rooms appear on the game page.
    | http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/support2410.htm
    |
    | Age of Empires http://classic.zone.msn.com/asp/roomlist.asp?game=aofe
    | Age of Empires II http://classic.zone.msn.com/asp/roomlist.asp?game=aoe2
    | Age of Empires: Rise of Rome
    http://classic.zone.msn.com/asp/roomlist.asp?game=aeep
    | Age of Empires II: The Conquerors
    http://classic.zone.msn.com/asp/roomlist.asp?game=a2xp

    | Try one of the AOC lobbies and see if you still get the error.
    |
    | --
    | +Darken_Trooper Tuesday, September 13, 2005 7:16 PM
    | Humor is an affirmation of dignity, a declaration of man's superiority to
    all that befalls him.
    | *Romain Gary*
  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    Thats it..! Der...Dozy Me, No roome/Cd Errors, although have got
    AOE:Age of Kings & AOE:Conquerors CD's in D: and E:

    This is the link:
    http://classic.zone.msn.com/asp/roomlist.asp?game=a2xp

    and you were right, AOE:Conquerors rooms dont appear until refresh several
    times..!
    Tanx Again.

MSN Games CD-Rom Video Games