AOE Conq, can't play MSN ZONE..?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 10, 2005 6:08:03 PM

Tried everything (Think),
Installed patches,(Aoc 1.0c, No CD etc..)
can login to zone connect to game & chat etc..

As soon as host launches game... "Insert correct CD" Error..
Im sick of Shouting at it: "Its IN, you dumb lump" Starting to think i've
only hurt PC's Feelings.

Anyone got any other suggestions. Zone folks are sick of me holding up games.

--
Thanks For Any Help/Suggestions

More about : aoe conq play msn zone

Anonymous
September 10, 2005 9:37:35 PM

Andrew wrote:
> Tried everything (Think),
> Installed patches,(Aoc 1.0c, No CD etc..)
> can login to zone connect to game & chat etc..
>
> As soon as host launches game... "Insert correct CD" Error..
> Im sick of Shouting at it: "Its IN, you dumb lump" Starting to think i've
> only hurt PC's Feelings.
>
> Anyone got any other suggestions. Zone folks are sick of me holding up games.

Did you try the many suggestions here?

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=228985

--
+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address from "invalid" to
"com" if you want to email me.
September 12, 2005 1:37:27 AM

Will Do, Ta. Will Give Feedback As soon as completed thanx for rapid
response..!

| Did you try the many suggestions here?
|
| http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=228985
|
| --
| +Elmo_Tech
| MSN® Gaming Zoneâ"¢ - Technical Support
com" if you want to email me.
Related resources
September 13, 2005 4:02:25 AM

Sorry for Attach..(Removed)

Taken A While But, Done everything.. Uninstalled-Re-Installed: Game &
patches, Zone Files. Changed to PIO on CD & DVD drive(s)
Now get error "unable to detect .... on Hard Drive" (See attach
bmp(Removed)).
A.

| Did you try the many suggestions here?
|
| http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=228985
|
| --
| +Elmo_Tech
| MSN® Gaming Zoneâ"¢ - Technical Support
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 4:02:26 AM

Andrew wrote:
> Sorry for Attach..(Removed)
>
> Taken A While But, Done everything.. Uninstalled-Re-Installed: Game &
> patches, Zone Files. Changed to PIO on CD & DVD drive(s)
> Now get error "unable to detect .... on Hard Drive" (See attach
> bmp(Removed)).

Is there a specific file that can't be detected?

--
+Elmo_Tech
September 13, 2005 10:54:04 PM

Error Dialog:

Mesopotamia (Rookie): Lobby Error

We are not able to detect Microsoft Age of Empires(TM)
installed on your hard drive. Please install the game before
matchmaking on the Zone.

and that's it.

Thanx for your time Elmo_Tech
Andrew

| > Taken A While But, Done everything.. Uninstalled-Re-Installed: Game &
| > patches, Zone Files. Changed to PIO on CD & DVD drive(s)
| > Now get error "unable to detect .... on Hard Drive" (See attach
| > bmp(Removed)).
|
| Is there a specific file that can't be detected?
|
| --
| +Elmo_Tech
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 10:54:05 PM

Andrew wrote:
> Error Dialog:
>
> Mesopotamia (Rookie): Lobby Error
>
> We are not able to detect Microsoft Age of Empires(TM)
> installed on your hard drive. Please install the game before
> matchmaking on the Zone.
>
> and that's it.
>
> Thanx for your time Elmo_Tech
> Andrew
>
> | > Taken A While But, Done everything.. Uninstalled-Re-Installed: Game &
> | > patches, Zone Files. Changed to PIO on CD & DVD drive(s)
> | > Now get error "unable to detect .... on Hard Drive" (See attach
> | > bmp(Removed)).
> |
> | Is there a specific file that can't be detected?

The path statement could be damaged in the registry, so when the Zone
looks for the software path, etc., it can't find it. Here's an article
on the subject:

"We are not able to detect <game> on your hard drive" error message when
you try to play a game on the Zone
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q190780/

Games Do Not Work Correctly With Limited User Account
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307091

Age of Empires MSKB Articles
http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&na...

--

Andrew wrote:
> Error Dialog:
>
> Mesopotamia (Rookie): Lobby Error
>
> We are not able to detect Microsoft Age of Empires(TM)
> installed on your hard drive. Please install the game before
> matchmaking on the Zone.
>
> and that's it.
>
> Thanx for your time Elmo_Tech
> Andrew
>
> | > Taken A While But, Done everything.. Uninstalled-Re-Installed: Game &
> | > patches, Zone Files. Changed to PIO on CD & DVD drive(s)
> | > Now get error "unable to detect .... on Hard Drive" (See attach
> | > bmp(Removed)).
> |
> | Is there a specific file that can't be detected?

Actually, this is a better MSKB site:

Articles About Age of Empires II
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=aoe2kingsfaq

--
+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address from "invalid" to
"com" if you want to email me.
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 11:17:21 PM

Mesopotamia lobby is an AOE lobby, its not an AOC lobby, you are trying to play the game in the
wrong lobby. You will keep getting this error unless you have AOE installed.

Many times http://zone.msn.com/en/root/ageofempires.htm on the first load only shows the Age of
Empires game rooms, you may need to refresh the page to get it to show all the game rooms.

Not all the game rooms appear on the game page.
http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/support2410.htm

Age of Empires http://classic.zone.msn.com/asp/roomlist.asp?game=aofe
Age of Empires II http://classic.zone.msn.com/asp/roomlist.asp?game=aoe2
Age of Empires: Rise of Rome http://classic.zone.msn.com/asp/roomlist.asp?game=aeep
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors http://classic.zone.msn.com/asp/roomlist.asp?game=a2xp

Try one of the AOC lobbies and see if you still get the error.

--
+Darken_Trooper Tuesday, September 13, 2005 7:16 PM
Humor is an affirmation of dignity, a declaration of man's superiority to all that befalls him.

Tired of OE's messy quoting? Try this automated fix!

> "Andrew" <NoToSPAM@home> wrote:
>
> Error Dialog:
>
> Mesopotamia (Rookie): Lobby Error
>
> We are not able to detect Microsoft Age of Empires(TM)
> installed on your hard drive. Please install the game before
> matchmaking on the Zone.
>
> and that's it.
>
> Thanx for your time Elmo_Tech
> Andrew
>
>>> Taken A While But, Done everything.. Uninstalled-Re-Installed: Game
>>> & patches, Zone Files. Changed to PIO on CD & DVD drive(s)
>>> Now get error "unable to detect .... on Hard Drive" (See attach
>>> bmp(Removed)).
>>
>> Is there a specific file that can't be detected?
>>
>> --
>> +Elmo_Tech
September 14, 2005 6:06:21 PM

Thanks Darken, I used the link in the game(Which then exits AOE:conquerors,
And starts up the zone page),
but it takes me to AOE, just presumed since got both AOE:Age of Kings &
AOE:Conquerors, zone would let me run either.

Thanx again, will investigate further and give feedback.

"+Darken_Trooper" <darken_trooper@bounce.prodigy.net> wrote in message
| Mesopotamia lobby is an AOE lobby, its not an AOC lobby, you are trying to
play the game in the
| wrong lobby. You will keep getting this error unless you have AOE
installed.

| Many times http://zone.msn.com/en/root/ageofempires.htm on the first load
only shows the Age of
| Empires game rooms, you may need to refresh the page to get it to show all
the game rooms.

| Not all the game rooms appear on the game page.
| http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/support2410.htm
|
| Age of Empires http://classic.zone.msn.com/asp/roomlist.asp?game=aofe
| Age of Empires II http://classic.zone.msn.com/asp/roomlist.asp?game=aoe2
| Age of Empires: Rise of Rome
http://classic.zone.msn.com/asp/roomlist.asp?game=aeep
| Age of Empires II: The Conquerors
http://classic.zone.msn.com/asp/roomlist.asp?game=a2xp

| Try one of the AOC lobbies and see if you still get the error.
|
| --
| +Darken_Trooper Tuesday, September 13, 2005 7:16 PM
| Humor is an affirmation of dignity, a declaration of man's superiority to
all that befalls him.
| *Romain Gary*
September 14, 2005 7:03:34 PM

Thats it..! Der...Dozy Me, No roome/Cd Errors, although have got
AOE:Age of Kings & AOE:Conquerors CD's in D: and E:

This is the link:
http://classic.zone.msn.com/asp/roomlist.asp?game=a2xp

and you were right, AOE:Conquerors rooms dont appear until refresh several
times..!
Tanx Again.

!