MN-510 being recognized as an unknown device...help

Last response: in Networking
October 12, 2004 6:07:09 PM

Hello, I tried installing the MN-510 and when I try to
install it, Windows says that the device has
malfunctioned and it is recognized as an unknown device.
Ive tried reinstalling the software and the USB
controllers are fine , all my other USB devices work
properly. I also checked off the 'turn off this device
to save power option for the USB root hub. When I go
into device manager, and check the driver details for the
MN-510 (Unknown Device), it says no drivers have been
installed for this device. There is no ! beside the USB
device as it would normally show up. I am running Windows
XP Home Edition with Service Pack 1. Any help would be
appreciated.
October 13, 2004 2:41:25 AM

The MN-510 needs to have all of the power output by the rear USB ports
(The front ones are known to not provide enough power). It is also a
USB 1.1 device that needs all 12 Mbps of bandwidth & thus it doesn't
work very well with other USB devices connected to the same controller
(One controller normally has two USB ports).

Singh wrote:

> Hello, I tried installing the MN-510 and when I try to
> install it, Windows says that the device has
> malfunctioned and it is recognized as an unknown device.
> Ive tried reinstalling the software and the USB
> controllers are fine , all my other USB devices work
> properly. I also checked off the 'turn off this device
> to save power option for the USB root hub. When I go
> into device manager, and check the driver details for the
> MN-510 (Unknown Device), it says no drivers have been
> installed for this device. There is no ! beside the USB
> device as it would normally show up. I am running Windows
> XP Home Edition with Service Pack 1. Any help would be
> appreciated.

assistance.

time.
!