(Spoil me) Lower CoC - Dragon Feud

Hello there!

I need some help. I'm currently playing ADOM Winbeta4 with a lvl38 Dark
Elven Wizardess, doing the Sharad-Waador (sp?) quest. After going down
the five dragon cave levels and kicking major dragon butt, I have slain
all named blue dragons on the lowest level, went up again, talked with
Sharad-Waador again and only got the response that he needed to meditate
on more important things, but got no stuff whatsover. No Needle, no
"tons of stuff", nothing. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong? Do
I need to kill all "D"'s in the caves? Does the reward condition include
any alignment restriction (I'm already a crowned Champion of Balance)?

Some help would be very welcome!
Cheers
Christian "BlackFurredBeast" Pohl

Christian Pohl wrote:
> Hello there!

> I need some help. I'm currently playing ADOM Winbeta4 with a lvl38
> Dark Elven Wizardess, doing the Sharad-Waador (sp?) quest. After
> going down the five dragon cave levels and kicking major dragon butt,
> I have slain all named blue dragons on the lowest level, went up
> again, talked with Sharad-Waador again and only got the response that
> he needed to meditate on more important things, but got no stuff
> whatsover. No Needle, no "tons of stuff", nothing. Is this a bug or
> did I do something wrong? Do I need to kill all "D"'s in the caves?
> Does the reward condition include any alignment restriction (I'm
> already a crowned Champion of Balance)?

Bad news... you can't get needle now. I did this in my recent (only)
victory as well; if you kill the Ancient Blue Wyrm BEFORE you ever talk
to the Ancient Karmic Wyrm, you will recieve no prize whatsoever.

Twinge wrote:
> Christian Pohl wrote:
>
>> Hello there!

>> I need some help. I'm currently playing ADOM Winbeta4 with a lvl38
>> Dark Elven Wizardess, doing the Sharad-Waador (sp?) quest. After
>> going down the five dragon cave levels and kicking major dragon butt,
>> I have slain all named blue dragons on the lowest level, went up
>> again, talked with Sharad-Waador again and only got the response that
>> he needed to meditate on more important things, but got no stuff
>> whatsover.
[...]
> Bad news... you can't get needle now. I did this in my recent (only)
> victory as well; if you kill the Ancient Blue Wyrm BEFORE you ever talk
> to the Ancient Karmic Wyrm, you will recieve no prize whatsoever.

Hmm... he didn't explicitly mention that he had killed the Ancient Blue
Wyrm at all. Did you, Christian? It is displayed as a purple W, not blue
like all the other dragons in the blue dragon cave. On the other hand,
if he had got the quest and returned not having killed the dragon, he
would have got another response, so I guess Twinge is right.

Malte

Malte Helmert wrote:
> Twinge wrote:
>
>> Christian Pohl wrote:
>>
>>> Hello there!

>>> h
>>> i

>>> h

>>> p
>>> o
>>> i
>>> l
>>> e

>>> p
>>> a
>>> c
>>> e

<snip>

>> Bad news... you can't get needle now. I did this in my recent (only)
>> victory as well; if you kill the Ancient Blue Wyrm BEFORE you ever talk
>> to the Ancient Karmic Wyrm, you will recieve no prize whatsoever.
>

> Hmm... he didn't explicitly mention that he had killed the Ancient Blue
> Wyrm at all. Did you, Christian? It is displayed as a purple W, not blue
> like all the other dragons in the blue dragon cave. On the other hand,
> if he had got the quest and returned not having killed the dragon, he
> would have got another response, so I guess Twinge is right.
>
> Malte

I must have slipped while answering Sharad-Waador's explicit query. And
since adom recognizes anything not "y" as "no", that must have been the
reason I didn't get any quest entry and subsequently no reward.
Thanks for your help, guys. This time I wished I had saved the save game
*snif* Well... there's always a next time.