Twenty-five Chaos Warlords

I don't post here very often, I'm not very good at the game and (gods
forbid, no!) have been save scumming of late, and... Well, getting a
lot father. :D

Recently, I was a playing a human wizard who was neither doomed nor
cursed, neither lucky nor had FS, when in the CoC, only one or two
levels beneath the Si level, I encounted a room with exactly
TWENTY-FIVE CHAOS WARLORDS! Is this normal?! I've never had anything
like this happen in any of my other games.

--T.J.

T.J. wrote:
> I don't post here very often, I'm not very good at the game and (gods
> forbid, no!) have been save scumming of late, and... Well, getting a
> lot father. :D
>
> Recently, I was a playing a human wizard who was neither doomed nor
> cursed, neither lucky nor had FS, when in the CoC, only one or two
> levels beneath the Si level, I encounted a room with exactly
> TWENTY-FIVE CHAOS WARLORDS! Is this normal?! I've never had
anything
> like this happen in any of my other games.
>
> --T.J.

What version are you playing?

"Ambush" hoards are common in v1.1.1, rooms containing large numbers of
random creatures. The creatures are (usually) within the danger level
of the dungeon floor, though in some cases facing a hoard of them can
be extremly dangerous and/or annoying (READ: dark elven summoners).
These hoards can appear on any dungeon level, including cavernous ones.
Due perhaps to some bug involving checking for fire resistance, the
ToEF in my experience has strong proclivites to have such creatures as
frost giants, water demons, and other out of place creatures...

Sean Mattox wrote:
> What version are you playing?
>
> "Ambush" hoards are common in v1.1.1, rooms containing large numbers
of
> random creatures. The creatures are (usually) within the danger level
> of the dungeon floor, though in some cases facing a hoard of them can
> be extremly dangerous and/or annoying (READ: dark elven summoners).
> These hoards can appear on any dungeon level, including cavernous
ones.
> Due perhaps to some bug involving checking for fire resistance, the
> ToEF in my experience has strong proclivites to have such creatures
as
> frost giants, water demons, and other out of place creatures...

Yep, 1.1.1. Okay now sports fans, fuel up your flamethrowers as I
reveal just what kind of cheating lamer I am: First, I had a brainfart
making the original post as I was playing a Priest, not a Wizard. I
had been fortunate enough to stumble across a spellbook for the divine
version of Death Ray. The Chaos Warlords seem to have ~50% resistance
to this spell, and so to make a lame story short I save scummed my way
through until they were all dead. What a way to spend a day off!
(troutslap)

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a break from slaughtering Chaos
Warlords to go to the Pyramid. Killing twenty-five of the f***ers at
~10K XP a pop advanced me from about level nine to nineteen. :0

--T.J.

T.J. <tjswoboda@comcast.net> wrote:
> I don't post here very often, I'm not very good at the game and (gods
> forbid, no!) have been save scumming of late, and... Well, getting a
> lot father. :D

> Recently, I was a playing a human wizard who was neither doomed nor
> cursed, neither lucky nor had FS, when in the CoC, only one or two
> levels beneath the Si level, I encounted a room with exactly
> TWENTY-FIVE CHAOS WARLORDS! Is this normal?! I've never had anything
> like this happen in any of my other games.

Ooooooh!! Free eternium/pickaxes!
It is pretty normal, though uncommon. Just a horde room.

brojek.