Potential RFE.. Ingame Clock synced with Computer Clock.

Think its a good idea? It could go somewhere at the bottom of the
screen...

-Joel

Joel Valleroy wrote:
> Think its a good idea? It could go somewhere at the bottom of the
> screen...
>
> -Joel

Why?

Joel Valleroy wrote:
> Think its a good idea? It could go somewhere at the bottom of the
> screen...

What, you mean only at the start of the game? If that's it (that's the
only reasonable interpretation I can think of) then it's probably just a
pipe dream. TB will be busy making the next version of ADOM a bugfixer
(if he can tear himself away from JADE and Quinscape for a few minutes).

--
Curry Bucket's Controversial Web Presence:
The Birthplace of Teenage Angst

bork bork bork Josh Singh bork 2:46:42 AM bork 2/3/2005 bork bork:

> Joel Valleroy wrote:
> > Think its a good idea? It could go somewhere at the bottom of the
> > screen...
>
> What, you mean only at the start of the game? If that's it (that's the only
> reasonable interpretation I can think of) then it's probably just a pipe
> dream. TB will be busy making the next version of ADOM a bugfixer (if he
> can tear himself away from JADE and Quinscape for a few minutes).

Presumably, the idea is to remind the player of the time throughout play. If
that is indeed what was in mind, I think the reasoning is obvious. ;-)

Erik

Erik Piper wrote:
> bork bork bork Josh Singh bork 2:46:42 AM bork 2/3/2005 bork bork:
>

>>Joel Valleroy wrote:
>>
>>>Think its a good idea? It could go somewhere at the bottom of the
>>>screen...
>>
>>What, you mean only at the start of the game? If that's it (that's the only
>>reasonable interpretation I can think of) then it's probably just a pipe
>>dream. TB will be busy making the next version of ADOM a bugfixer (if he
>>can tear himself away from JADE and Quinscape for a few minutes).
>

> Presumably, the idea is to remind the player of the time throughout play. If
> that is indeed what was in mind, I think the reasoning is obvious. ;-)

That wouldn't be syncing anything really, though, especially not syncing
the game clock with the computer clock.

Anyway, watches have been around for hundreds of years and, at least on
this side of the Atlantic, you can get one that works for a couple bucks
(and that's /Canadian/ bucks I'm thinking of). There you go.

--

Josh Singh wrote:

> Erik Piper wrote:
>> bork bork bork Josh Singh bork 2:46:42 AM bork 2/3/2005 bork bork:

>>> What, you mean only at the start of the game? If that's it (that's the
>>> only
>>> reasonable interpretation I can think of) then it's probably just a
>>> pipe
>>> dream. TB will be busy making the next version of ADOM a bugfixer (if
>>> he
>>> can tear himself away from JADE and Quinscape for a few minutes).
>> Presumably, the idea is to remind the player of the time throughout
>> play. If
>> that is indeed what was in mind, I think the reasoning is obvious. ;-)
>
> That wouldn't be syncing anything really, though, especially not syncing
> the game clock with the computer clock.
>
> Anyway, watches have been around for hundreds of years and, at least on
> this side of the Atlantic, you can get one that works for a couple bucks
> (and that's /Canadian/ bucks I'm thinking of). There you go.

Well, we don't have any watches, every time I want to know the time I have
to measure the angle of the sun. Then with help from various tables my
exact position on the globe and my calculator I am able to know what time
it is. Quite difficult at night, though it is possible by observing the
stars ;-)). You see it takes quite a while, so a worldwide adom time would
be just great!

But don't ever sync reality and adom.

--
Violence in reality is quite different from theory.
-- Spock, "The Cloud Minders", stardate 5818.4

Matija

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Josh Singh, completely geschtonkenflapped, wrote:
> Anyway, watches have been around for hundreds of years and, at least on
> this side of the Atlantic, you can get one that works for a couple bucks
> (and that's /Canadian/ bucks I'm thinking of). There you go.

check this out: my father bought *TWO* "made in china" digital
alarm clocks which can play 10 melodies *AND* serve as simple
calculators *AND* have an awesome "transformers" effect
(they unfold themselves on the push of a button!) *AND* display
world time *AND* have a lovely calendar for...drumroll, please...
the equivalent of US $5!

--
there is a cheer. the gnomes have learned a new way to say hooray. [-shpongle]

address is scrambled - remove the superfluous "x" marks to reply