Over'Clock T'Bird without touching it

G

Hi,

I know there are many posting out here that explains and clarify you can only over clock a T'Bird by only scraping off or connecting the bridges with either etcing pens of conducting pens.

Now, I have seen pictures of how to close and open the bridges it would be very helpful if pictures were posted of how the CPU looks like after the bridges are close and open. If there aren't anyway of overclocking a T'Bird without touching it (Which I believe) then a picture of how deep the scratches were done on the CPU will be extremely helpful.

I have also seen another way where cables are soldered to the jumpers next to the CPU.. That's a bit too complicated and way dangerous for me stubby fingers.

So here's the question: Is there a MOBO out there that will allow you to over clock a T'bird without even touching the CPU?

Cheers,

Mike

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
They're not really "Scratches" and thier not even deep. All it is is scraping off the gold connection between the bridges. And you don't need to do that, because if you want to unlock the multiplier you CLOSE all the bridges which means you make them all connect.

Yes ther is a way to overclock without touching it. Only with ABit KT7 can you really overclock without touching anything inside the case. Go into the BIOS and change the FSB from there to overclock (If you didn't unlock multiplier).

But, overclocking with the FSB kinda sucks and unlocking the multiplier is the best way.

G

I'm not sure how well they work, but I've also heard of "Golden Fingers" which plug in to the slots on some Athlons and allow you to change the multiplyer. I believe you can find some reviews on either www.hardocp.com or www.arstechnia.com.