Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Certainly.

Here in the UK a "certain High Street electronics retailer" well known to all Brits, has been caught red-handed selling customer returns at regular prices. Like a video camera with a used tape in it -- and my own experience of returning two scanners to them because parts were missing from (clearly) resealed packs.

capital_one

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
Certainly.

Here in the UK a "certain High Street electronics retailer" well known to all Brits, has been caught red-handed selling customer returns at regular prices. Like a video camera with a used tape in it -- and my own experience of returning two scanners to them because parts were missing from (clearly) resealed packs.
you just echoed my concern perfectly !!!

Houndsteeth

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
Some retailers will inform you that they break the seal on the packaging to ensure that all the package contents are in the package before the customer walks out the door. If they are a good retailer, they will get your consent and then open the box right there in the store, just to make sure you don't go home and discover you don't have the AC adapter or recovery disks. If they are shady, they will hand you the box already opened and claim that it wasn't a return and that the contents should all be there.

capital_one

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010

OH DEAR !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.