$600-1000, only willing to go up to 800-1000 if it's really worth it (huge jump in specs or something)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Does not really matter, but 15 inches would be an ideal minimum.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Does not matter, most laptops in that price range should have an ok resolution I think
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable so I can work on on, currently have a deskop for "demanding" games. Portable would mostly be for light games ( the most demanding one would probably be Starcraft 2.. I don't think that's too demanding right..?)
5. How much battery life do you need?
Not a huge priority
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I think at most I would play starcraft 2 on that laptop or any other game that requires even less.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
watching movies/tv shows at most.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
looking for model names mostly, I'm from canada and newegg.ca had most of the same stuff as in the US.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD rom, no specific need for writer
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Never bought a laptop so no idea on brands.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
My #1 priority with this laptop is something to be able to work on when away from my desktop I will be traveling around my town a lot and would like to be able to carry my laptop with me.
I might game with it but if so I would like something around the $700-900 range at most that can play SC2.
Something I'm considering would be
"Acer Aspire 15.6" Laptop featuring Intel Core i3-350M " since it seems very strong for only $550 with 4gb of ram and 2.26 GHZ dual core intel CPU. However it has "Intel HD Graphics" and I'm assuming this means only video playback and no video game games right? How much higher should I go if I want a portable with the same specs but with something that cna play starcraft 2?