Wireless phone neer wireless base station.

I've got an NM-500 wireless base-station and a laptop with wireless NIC.

I just installed a wireless phone and since the installation the signal
at the laptop has become very low. The phone is a Uniden PowerMax 2.4Ghz.

Is it just a coincidence or is it really possible that this is what is
causing
problems?

If so what can I do? I tried changing the wireless channel but that doesn't
seem to help.

joker

Get a 900 Mhz or a 5.8 Ghz only phone, go back to a corded phone, or
switch over to 802.11a which uses 5.8 Ghz instead of the 2.4 Ghz frequency.

ShipHead wrote:

> I've got an NM-500 wireless base-station and a laptop with wireless NIC.
>
> I just installed a wireless phone and since the installation the signal
> at the laptop has become very low. The phone is a Uniden PowerMax 2.4Ghz.
>
> Is it just a coincidence or is it really possible that this is what is
> causing
> problems?
>
> If so what can I do? I tried changing the wireless channel but that doesn't
> seem to help.

assistance.

time.

"Joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message
> Get a 900 Mhz or a 5.8 Ghz only phone, go back to a corded phone, or
> switch over to 802.11a which uses 5.8 Ghz instead of the 2.4 Ghz
frequency.

Ok so I'll take that as a Yes.
How do I go about switching to 802.11a? I assume you are talking about the
NM-500
wireless base station and the wireless pcmcia card. (Both MS products)

> ShipHead wrote:
>
> > I've got an NM-500 wireless base-station and a laptop with wireless NIC.
> >
> > I just installed a wireless phone and since the installation the signal
> > at the laptop has become very low. The phone is a Uniden PowerMax
2.4Ghz.

> > Is it just a coincidence or is it really possible that this is what is
> > causing
> > problems?
> >
> > If so what can I do? I tried changing the wireless channel but that
doesn't
> > seem to help.
> >

> --
> Please do not contact me directly or ask me to contact you directly for
> assistance.
>
> If your question is worth asking, it's worth posting.
>
> If it’s not worth posting you should have done a search on
> http://www.google.com/ http://www.google.com/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q= or
> http://news.google.com/froogle?hl=en&tab=nf&ned=us&q= before wasting our
> time.

joker

Microsoft has stopped making networking hardware so they won't be making
any 802.11a hardware.

The MN-500 can not do anything other then 802.11b. To switch over you
will need to either get a new phone that doesn't use the 2.4 Ghz
frequency (several 5.8 Ghz phones do this) or get a new router &
wireless network card(s) that support 802.11a.