A challenge game (probably new)

Is there any way to circumvent the fact that TotRR is summoned in Terinyo?
Would it be possible to have an Ultra win with Cute Dog as your pet?
One possibility would be to collect all the requirements in 4 days..
Elmo

Elmo wrote:

> Is there any way to circumvent the fact that TotRR is summoned in Terinyo?
> Would it be possible to have an Ultra win with Cute Dog as your pet?
> One possibility would be to collect all the requirements in 4 days..

The puppy becomes tame as soon as you encounter it alive.
Save it within the normal time limit. Lead it to the top of the PC,
but order it to wait and leave it there. Come back for it once you
have done everything else and already have the TotRR, never entering
Terinyo with the dog. The only tricky part would be getting it not
to die, it's pretty weak. That and the fact that companions cannot
accompany you to D50. I've never actually tried, so I can't quite
recall why, but I think they won't follow you down to D49.

You could ofc simply wish for a cute dog on D50/chaos, but it would
not be the one belonging to the girl.

Stephen White wrote:
> Elmo wrote:

Don't forget the

> That and the fact that companions cannot
> accompany you to D50. I've never actually tried, so I can't quite
> recall why, but I think they won't follow you down to D49.

I haven't tried, but it would make sense if they couldn't move on D49,
just like the PC can't.

Malte

Malte Helmert <helmert@informatik.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> Stephen White wrote:
> > Elmo wrote:

> Don't forget the

> > That and the fact that companions cannot
> > accompany you to D50. I've never actually tried, so I can't quite
> > recall why, but I think they won't follow you down to D49.

> I haven't tried, but it would make sense if they couldn't move on D49,
> just like the PC can't.

Still, *lots* of doors and teleportation would do the trick,
unless it is impossible to create a door on D49. And then, there is
a nasty possibility of "The cute dog tries to follow you but cannot
move on ice".

brojek.

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 08:39:09 +0000, Przemyslaw Brojewski wrote:

> Malte Helmert <helmert@informatik.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
>> Stephen White wrote:
>> > Elmo wrote:
>
>> Don't forget the

>> > That and the fact that companions cannot
>> > accompany you to D50. I've never actually tried, so I can't quite
>> > recall why, but I think they won't follow you down to D49.
>
>> I haven't tried, but it would make sense if they couldn't move on D49,
>> just like the PC can't.
>
> Still, *lots* of doors and teleportation would do the trick,
> unless it is impossible to create a door on D49. And then, there is
> a nasty possibility of "The cute dog tries to follow you but cannot
> move on ice".
>
> brojek.
Still, the rule could be added: The Cute Dog can't be left behind under
any circumstances.
And I guess the claim that pets can't be lead to D50 is incorrect. Has
anyone tried teleporting them around until they hit the correct place?

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 12:23:55 +0200, Elmo wrote:

> On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 08:39:09 +0000, Przemyslaw Brojewski wrote:
>
>> Malte Helmert <helmert@informatik.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Don't forget the

>>> p
>>> o
>>> i
>>> l
>>> e

>>> p
>>> a
>>> c

>>> p
>>> o
>>> i
>>> l
>>> e

>>> p
>>> a
>>> c

>>> I haven't tried, but it would make sense if they couldn't move on D49,
>>> just like the PC can't.
>>
>> Still, *lots* of doors and teleportation would do the trick,
>> unless it is impossible to create a door on D49. And then, there is
>> a nasty possibility of "The cute dog tries to follow you but cannot
>> move on ice".
>>
>> brojek.
> Still, the rule could be added: The Cute Dog can't be left behind under
> any circumstances.
> And I guess the claim that pets can't be lead to D50 is incorrect. Has
> anyone tried teleporting them around until they hit the correct place?

What about inserting Fire Orb? The dog would either die, become hostile
or would have to be left to D:47 when you insert the fire orb and gotten
back before you insert the last one.

Janne Joensuu,
Endoperez

J.M. Joensuu <spam_wanted_here@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 12:23:55 +0200, Elmo wrote:

> >(...) the rule could be added: The Cute Dog can't be left behind under
> > any circumstances.
> > And I guess the claim that pets can't be lead to D50 is incorrect. Has
> > anyone tried teleporting them around until they hit the correct place?

> What about inserting Fire Orb? The dog would either die, become hostile
> or would have to be left to D:47 when you insert the fire orb and gotten
> back before you insert the last one.

No leaving behind. Let it become hostile, then tame it with tons of
bones.

brojek.

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:25:22 +0000, Przemyslaw Brojewski wrote:

> J.M. Joensuu <spam_wanted_here@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> >(...) the rule could be added: The Cute Dog can't be left behind under
>> > any circumstances.
>> > And I guess the claim that pets can't be lead to D50 is incorrect. Has
>> > anyone tried teleporting them around until they hit the correct place?
>
>> What about inserting Fire Orb? The dog would either die, become hostile
>> or would have to be left to D:47 when you insert the fire orb and gotten
>> back before you insert the last one.
>
> No leaving behind. Let it become hostile, then tame it with tons of
> bones.
>
> brojek.
Let's formulate the results:
A challenge game idea:
Get the Cute Dog to kill Andy. Leaving him behind is allowed strictly one
time, to summon the trident. Can this be left out by getting rid of the
tiny girl?

Elmo <spam.entropy@swissinfo.spam.org> wrote in

> Let's formulate the results:
> A challenge game idea:
> Get the Cute Dog to kill Andy. Leaving him behind is allowed strictly
> one time, to summon the trident. Can this be left out by getting rid
> of the tiny girl?

Is it possible to lure the Cute Dog out of the village by use of the same
swap process that allows you to lead farmers out?

anxious triffid wrote:
> Elmo <spam.entropy@swissinfo.spam.org> wrote in

>>Let's formulate the results:
>>A challenge game idea:
>>Get the Cute Dog to kill Andy. Leaving him behind is allowed strictly
>>one time, to summon the trident. Can this be left out by getting rid
>>of the tiny girl?
>>
> Is it possible to lure the Cute Dog out of the village by use of the same
> swap process that allows you to lead farmers out?

More to the point, can the cute dog follow you through the chaos gate?

Stephen White <fake_email_address@fake_domain.com> wrote in

> anxious triffid wrote:
>> Elmo <spam.entropy@swissinfo.spam.org> wrote in

>>>Let's formulate the results:
>>>A challenge game idea:
>>>Get the Cute Dog to kill Andy. Leaving him behind is allowed strictly
>>>one time, to summon the trident. Can this be left out by getting rid
>>>of the tiny girl?
>>>
>> Is it possible to lure the Cute Dog out of the village by use of the
>> same swap process that allows you to lead farmers out?
>
> More to the point, can the cute dog follow you through the chaos gate?

Is the problem not getting it to enter D:49? I was under the impression
that companions or pets couldn't cross that level.

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:06:14 +0000, anxious triffid wrote:

> Stephen White <fake_email_address@fake_domain.com> wrote in
>
>> anxious triffid wrote:
>>> Elmo <spam.entropy@swissinfo.spam.org> wrote in

>>> Is it possible to lure the Cute Dog out of the village by use of the
>>> same swap process that allows you to lead farmers out?
>>
>> More to the point, can the cute dog follow you through the chaos gate?
>>

> Is the problem not getting it to enter D:49? I was under the impression
> that companions or pets couldn't cross that level.
Have you tried teleporting them around until they hit? Or :swapping places?

> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:06:14 +0000, anxious triffid wrote:
>
>> Stephen White <fake_email_address@fake_domain.com> wrote in

>>> More to the point, can the cute dog follow you through the chaos
>>> gate?
>>>

>> Is the problem not getting it to enter D:49? I was under the
>> impression that companions or pets couldn't cross that level.
> Have you tried teleporting them around until they hit? Or :swapping
> places?

I was also under the impression that teleportation doesn't work on D:49.