Sign in with
Your question

Horizontal lines and freezing

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
November 11, 2010 7:21:51 AM

Hi,

My son has an ACER ASPIRE ONE AO751H netbbook, which we have owned for over a year and is out of warranty. Yesterday problems started to occur with the display. Horizontal lines appeared on the screen from top to bottom. The screen seemed to flicker quite a bit when the lines appeared. There was quite a lot of them and they were very thin.

When this initially happened I moved the screen backwards and forwards, thinking it maybe a cable problem and it did stop for a few seconds, but then continued and then the image froze. I was unable to get the pointer to move on the screen and nothing happened when I pressed any of the keys.

I switched off the netbook and removed the battery and started it up again using the power cable. When it eventually came on the same thing happened again. I then connected the netbook upto an external monitor and had the same problems again.

From this I'm assuming it's not a problem with the netbook screen, but something else. Has anybody got any ideas as to the cause of this and if so what are my possible solutions.

Thanks in advance.
a b D Laptop
November 11, 2010 1:03:06 PM

Could be heating issues. Try to give it a good clean-up and see if you can remove any hairballs from it. That's common with netbooks, as they are taken all over the place.
November 12, 2010 6:03:13 AM

Sounds like your GPU(Graphic Processing Unit) is going on you
November 19, 2010 4:19:37 AM

blkmage024 said:
Sounds like your GPU(Graphic Processing Unit) is going on you

If thats the case am I right in thinking that the GPU is integrated within the motherboard.

!