How good is this weapon?

?

Hello!
I have a promising character, which (who?), despite being cursed by a pool
at the very beginning of the game (and granted luck by the same pool), is
doing really well. It is a gnomish priest specializing in polearms, bows
(very low so far - I'm going to boost that up a bit), spells - been quite
lucky with books, including a very early Greater Divine Touch (death ray) -
and music to avoid felines, uber-jackals effect and other such nonsense.
Recently, though, this character found "Serpent's Bite". I decided to try
it and it is very nice - with permanent poisoning, critical hits, humanoid
slaying (worked wonders against a lesser dark elven vault), but is it worth
keeping and using? I can give it to ratling and just hope to find a good
polearm later in the game... Has anyone used it against Nuurag-Vaarn? Was
it effective?

Thanks in advance,
Arkady.
4 answers Last reply
More about good weapon
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

    Arkady Zilberberg wrote:

    > I have a promising character, which (who?), despite being cursed by a
    pool
    > at the very beginning of the game (and granted luck by the same
    pool), is
    > doing really well.

    You don't use "which" to refer to people. :)
    Not sure about the dagger but it doesn't look too powerful unless you
    fight humans?
    -Joel
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

    Arkady Zilberberg wrote:

    > ?
    >
    > Hello!
    > I have a promising character, which (who?), despite
    > being cursed by a pool at the very beginning of the game
    > (and granted luck by the same pool), is doing really
    > well. It is a gnomish priest specializing in polearms,
    > bows (very low so far - I'm going to boost that up a
    > bit), spells - been quite lucky with books, including a
    > very early Greater Divine Touch (death ray) - and music
    > to avoid felines, uber-jackals effect and other such
    > nonsense. Recently, though, this character found
    > "Serpent's Bite". I decided to try it and it is very
    > nice - with permanent poisoning, critical hits, humanoid
    > slaying (worked wonders against a lesser dark elven
    > vault), but is it worth keeping and using? I can give
    > it to ratling and just hope to find a good polearm later
    > in the game... Has anyone used it against Nuurag-Vaarn?
    > Was it effective?

    It is a fantastic weapon IMHO. +Crit and humanoid slayer.
    On top of that it drips poison and a large amount of foes
    are vulnerable to that. Cherish your lucky find and
    onwards.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

    Arkady Zilberberg wrote:

    > ?
    >
    > Hello!
    > I have a promising character, which (who?), despite being cursed by a
    pool
    > at the very beginning of the game (and granted luck by the same
    pool), is
    > doing really well. It is a gnomish priest specializing in polearms,
    bows
    > (very low so far - I'm going to boost that up a bit), spells - been
    quite
    > lucky with books, including a very early Greater Divine Touch (death
    ray) -
    > and music to avoid felines, uber-jackals effect and other such
    nonsense.
    > Recently, though, this character found "Serpent's Bite". I decided
    to try
    > it and it is very nice - with permanent poisoning, critical hits,
    humanoid
    > slaying (worked wonders against a lesser dark elven vault), but is it
    worth
    > keeping and using? I can give it to ratling and just hope to find a
    good
    > polearm later in the game... Has anyone used it against
    Nuurag-Vaarn? Was
    > it effective?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Arkady.

    I once used it to kill the Cat lord, with kitty death count ~19. It's
    an awesome weapon.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?)

    <maddog@dsr.kvl.dk> wrote in message
    > Arkady Zilberberg wrote:

    > > ?

    <my question whether "Serpent's Bite" is good snipped>
    > It is a fantastic weapon IMHO. +Crit and humanoid slayer.
    > On top of that it drips poison and a large amount of foes
    > are vulnerable to that. Cherish your lucky find and
    > onwards.

    Well, I decided to stick to it for a while and wasn't disappointed - I
    accidentally hit the steel golem at the Darkforge entrance (in fact, I
    intended to train my Rain of Sorrow on those) - and after seeing the first
    hit "moderately damage" it I went on and brought the golem down with 3 hits
    total! Even with girdle of giant strength (St+12) and rings of damage and
    slaying this is no small feat! None of my previous attempts could melee
    those as effectively, except with penetrating weapons.
    Now I'm eager to meet the Cat Lord - I've managed to keep peace with felines
    with music so far - and see how two +Crit combine together :). Which might
    not happen for a long while as I don't have any rings of ice/fireproof
    blankets yet :(

Video Games