Something for Linux users

Here's a handy shell script I made for myself the other day.

It allows you to keep around multiple concurrent versions of ADOM, each
with its own saved games and high scores separated from the rest, and
start any of them just by specifying the version. It also takes care of
erasing those pesky PRC files after crashes (leaving it alone if you
have an adom process running) and automagically brings up an 80x25
character terminal window.

It can also probably handle sage, though it's untested since I couldn't
manage to build it.

As for a disclaimer, do whatever you want with the script but it's all at
your own risk. It works fine for me, but it just might destroy your
relationship. Or computer. Or both. The code is also hideously ugly. So
don't tell me I didn't warn you.

Get it here:
http://iki.fi/aki.rossi/adom/startadom.sh

I suggest you place it somewhere in your $PATH for easy use.
For documentation, say "startadom.sh -help". There's also a few defaults
you might want to change, they're positioned conveniently at the top of
the file.

Have fun!

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:03:48 +0000, Aki Rossi wrote:
[snippage]
> It can also probably handle sage, though it's untested since I couldn't
> manage to build it.
Don't build it. Download the binary instead. There are big chances that
this will work.