Toshiba Saellite L645 windows 7 boot loop problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

woals4306

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
Hello, i would like some help with my laptop problem.
Yesterday i was on Youtube and my toshiba laptop just froze.
i waited for like 5 minutes until my patience got the best of me.
i turned off my laptop using the power off (first time).
and then when i turned it back on it ask me if i wanted to start up windows normally or in safety mode.
i pressed normally and it took like 5 minutes in the windows booting screen, and it took me like 10 extra minutes to login to my user and start up my desktop (after 10 minutes it still didn't finish booting up my desktop) so i turned off my computer using the turn off computer button (not the power button).
after that i waited 10 minutes and turned on my laptop again, it was still slow so i turned off my laptop using the power button (second time).
and then i turned on my laptop and it was stuck in the Toshiba logo booting screen and it kept looping that screen. (after that i think i used the power off button 3 or 4 times, i'm scared to use more)
i tried using F8 button rapidly, however my toshiba screen is still there and after a while my laptop makes beeping sound (not through the speaker) [plus it doesn't go into the saftey mode screen].
well this is my problem how can i fix it? (without using recovery disk) thank you.
ps. my laptop has been getting these pop ups lately (assumed it was virus) would this be the problem? and what should i do about it?
ps. i need to save these folders for my university, after that i can do w/e i want with the laptop.

G

From the sound of it you might need to remove the hard drive and (perhaps using an adapter) link it to another computer and copy the files off it to a CDR or memory stick.

Make sure that the second computer has antivirus installed.

woals4306

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
From the sound of it you might need to remove the hard drive and (perhaps using an adapter) link it to another computer and copy the files off it to a CDR or memory stick.

Make sure that the second computer has antivirus installed.

other than moving the files do you have any suggestions to fix the computer? cuz i have looked over internet and no one seemed to give a clear answer to all my questions just bits and pieces of information. i appreciate you solution to one of my problems though

G

The most obvious suggestions would be:

corrupt Windows installation -- run repair, booting from a Win7 DVD and if that doesn't work to format disk and reinstall

investigate memory failure -- if two memory units present, remove one and see if it cures the prob, if not remove the other and replace the original

obviously possible virus/malware stuff -- solution if you can't install fixer software is to move the drive to a machine that already has protection and point it at the problem drive. Options are SATA or IDE converter to USB in order to mount on a laptop -- but if you have access to a modern desktop machine SATA will plug straight in, or use USB converter.

Changsnsd

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Hey I have the same problem but when I start the windows the USB all not work and I restart the computer thn auto hang on the toshiba leading innovation screen ther ? Can anyone can help fix ??

Status
Not open for further replies.